First Go At A Clock

blights69

Practice is over .Which wood are you thinking about for the next one?Your more than ready !

Thank you for the kind comment. My next one I am going to try and make from old pallet wood or something someone has thrown in a skip ie table top cupboard etc,I am a great believer in re using stuff rather than dumping so I am looking for a few pieces I can sand down and make my next one from. Having said that it reminds me I must invest in a thicknesser/planer soon as at the moment I use a palm sander/detail sander and hand sand all my scraps. 

ps. yes i do still have some skin left on my fingers  :D

Edited by blights69

I too like clocks. i am fascinated on your diving into the projects you have been taking on. You go guy... I am holding my breath to see what an old pallet board might become in your hands... love your little clock.. . not to be critical but only to give you my idea. for what it might be worth.. I think that if you would have made the backer boards of your clock a contrasting color, either lighter of darker, you fret work would stand out even more.. You did a wonderful job and I think it just would show it off even better...Thank for posting

Dick

heppnerguy 

I too like clocks. i am fascinated on your diving into the projects you have been taking on. You go guy... I am holding my breath to see what an old pallet board might become in your hands... love your little clock.. . not to be critical but only to give you my idea. for what it might be worth.. I think that if you would have made the backer boards of your clock a contrasting color, either lighter of darker, you fret work would stand out even more.. You did a wonderful job and I think it just would show it off even better...Thank for posting

Dick

heppnerguy 

You are absolutely right dick and my next one I have already decided will be black and white to let the pattern stand out more.