Timothy's Kuala

heppnerguy

Timothy has been a huge help to me with  my pattern making efforts has several others too. The other day, Timothy posted a Kuala Bear that is native to his Australia and after I have the honor of having a couple of my meager patterns cut by others, and now know what it feels like to have others find one's patterns worthy of their time to cut, I want to take my time to cut one of Timothy's patterns. I really like his pattern skills and it just happens that I have been looking for a Kuala Bear pattern to cut for over a year. So thank you Timothy for making and posting exactly what I have been wanting for all this time. 

CRC spray glue, that I have been using for a couple of years and expressing my delights with it,.....must have changed their formula, as I recently had to buy another can of it  and the first thing I noticed was there was no longer a mixing rattle ball inside of the can and next that they changed the style of nozzle. I thought, "It must be even better now or they would not have changed it." Wrong....I have tried it on two patterns and right away found that is no longer does the job I have come to love from this product. My patterns are no more sticking as they always have but instead they lift from the board as I am cutting , I mention this because on this pattern I had that problem and it made a job out of fun. On the lower right of the pattern, I had to make a little modification in order to be able to even finish this project, For that, i apologize to Timothy for screwing up that part of the piece and hope you understand.

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-31736300-1486103370_thumb.jpg

That is a great looking bear.  I always wanted on for a pet!

As for the spray glue, it seems to me that I am experiencing the same thing with the 3M Super 77 that I have been using since I started scrolling.  I have been going to try some other brand when I use up my can.  I hope to find one with a marble so I can add to my "spray can marble collection"! 

Been going to ask you if you bought BB from Windsor Plywood last time you were here?  I am not happy with the last sheet I have purchased from them.  Seems to chip more and have a lot more little knots in it.  I wonder if they carry a lessor grade than other stores I have bought from.  I am going to shop around some next time I need some more.

That is a great looking bear.  I always wanted on for a pet!

As for the spray glue, it seems to me that I am experiencing the same thing with the 3M Super 77 that I have been using since I started scrolling.  I have been going to try some other brand when I use up my can.  I hope to find one with a marble so I can add to my "spray can marble collection"! 

Been going to ask you if you bought BB from Windsor Plywood last time you were here?  I am not happy with the last sheet I have purchased from them.  Seems to chip more and have a lot more little knots in it.  I wonder if they carry a lessor grade than other stores I have bought from.  I am going to shop around some next time I need some more.

The first sheets I purchased there, I was not happy with, I now am more selective and pull sheets only after I have taken a pretty good look at them. most seem to be OK, but one does need to check them out first

Dick

hepppnerguy

That came out some nice Dick.Tim made a great pattern.

Dick, I use Elmer spray glue.and love it.around $8 at walmart.

I just give it a light spray and pattern adheres well.The secret is a ligh spray.

Also I keep a glue stick handy in case pattern lifts.

Gordie,

It happens that I had bought a can of Elmers at WalMart some time ago and was excited to be able to get my old standby and almost forgot  I had it. Well, when my regular spray glue started failing me, it dug out  my Elmers and it is working just fine...no problems so far.. I guess that is going to be my go to glue, at least for now

Dick

heppnerguy

I don't know about you guys but I spray both the pattern and tape covered wood, no matter what glue I'm using. 

I too dropped the blue tape awhile back. I found about all the tape was doing was causing unneeded time to remove it. Mineral spirits is so fast and no little pieces of tape to mess with

Dick

heppnerguy

Timothy has been a huge help to me with  my pattern making efforts has several others too. The other day, Timothy posted a Kuala Bear that is native to his Australia and after I have the honor of having a couple of my meager patterns cut by others, and now know what it feels like to have others find one's patterns worthy of their time to cut, I want to take my time to cut one of Timothy's patterns. I really like his pattern skills and it just happens that I have been looking for a Kuala Bear pattern to cut for over a year. So thank you Timothy for making and posting exactly what I have been wanting for all this time. 

CRC spray glue, that I have been using for a couple of years and expressing my delights with it,.....must have changed their formula, as I recently had to buy another can of it  and the first thing I noticed was there was no longer a mixing rattle ball inside of the can and next that they changed the style of nozzle. I thought, "It must be even better now or they would not have changed it." Wrong....I have tried it on two patterns and right away found that is no longer does the job I have come to love from this product. My patterns are no more sticking as they always have but instead they lift from the board as I am cutting , I mention this because on this pattern I had that problem and it made a job out of fun. On the lower right of the pattern, I had to make a little modification in order to be able to even finish this project, For that, i apologize to Timothy for screwing up that part of the piece and hope you understand.

Dick

heppnerguy

Everybody should hold one of these slow moving guys once in there life.The one i held kept sucking salt from my ear lobe.Great looking project

Sorry Dick but I really have to set you straight about a couple of things..  Firstly it is Koala.  And secondly it is NOT a bear and it as no relation to a bear.  Now that I have that off my chest I will go back and finish reading your post.  ;):)

Marg

That is one fantastic looking Koala.  You did a great cutting job Dick. :thumbs:   Why do companies change what is a good product and make it a terrible one?  Do they want people to stop buying it?  I would send them an email, they may not know that it is not as good as before.  Just a thought.  ;)

Marg