Elephants

TripleJScroller

So I haven't shared anything in a long while so thought I'd share these elephants I cut.  A woman that I work with asked me to make these.  Her best friend's sister had died last year and she loved elephants.  The woman I work with thought it would be nice to give one of these to her friend and her friend's mother as something to remember their loved one with.  The pattern is by: Michael Brown (purchased from wooden teddy bear).  The wood is 1/4" Baltic Birch with a 1/8" Baltic Birch backer.  I painted the back board black as I felt it made the cuts stand out.  I used FDUR #3 blades for most of the cuts and FD New Spiral 0/2 blades for some of the smaller cuts.  Thanks for looking!

post-25367-0-74083900-1486218052_thumb.jpg

Sam, I just finished them with a few coats of Daft clear spray on finish.  

New Guy, I did stack cut them.  When I cut the outside line I had the two backers also stacked and was a bit worried about everything matching up well, but they ended up matching up great.

Thanks for all the kind words!

I have not noticed this pattern in the Wooden Teddy Bear magazine. I guess I must have seen it but it did not stand out to me. Yours, however, did the trick and now I want to get the pattern and cut it too. Very nice job and a fun pattern indeed. Sorry about the loss of your co worker's friend, that is never easy 

Dick

heppnerguy

Sam, I just finished them with a few coats of Daft clear spray on finish.  

New Guy, I did stack cut them.  When I cut the outside line I had the two backers also stacked and was a bit worried about everything matching up well, but they ended up matching up great.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Good as these look i'll have to save up some coin to get the finish of choice Deff.I took notice at the big box store one day as it was talked about on the forum so i need a price to stick in my mind.Unfortunately it was not low price.It is on my long list of never ending shop supplys though.Thanks again friend!

So I haven't shared anything in a long while so thought I'd share these elephants I cut.  A woman that I work with asked me to make these.  Her best friend's sister had died last year and she loved elephants.  The woman I work with thought it would be nice to give one of these to her friend and her friend's mother as something to remember their loved one with.  The pattern is by: Michael Brown (purchased from wooden teddy bear).  The wood is 1/4" Baltic Birch with a 1/8" Baltic Birch backer.  I painted the back board black as I felt it made the cuts stand out.  I used FDUR #3 blades for most of the cuts and FD New Spiral 0/2 blades for some of the smaller cuts.  Thanks for looking!

I have a customer that wants anything elephants,thank you sir!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words.  The lady I made them for stopped me today to tell me that her friend and her mother absolutely loved them.  It made me feel real good.

@Kevin  I know what you mean Kevin, when I last bought Deft spay on lacquer I bought it on amazon for $6 a can, now its up over $12 a can.  I don't think I'll be buying it at that price, I'll have to try some alternatives.