New Dewalt, stand and tool cabinet.

rmaker

I attached a picture of my new Dewalt 788. I had purchased the Dewalt stand but I was not too happy with it so I purchased a Husky 4 Drawer tool cabinet from Home Depot and additionally purchased the wood top. I secured my Dewalt to the wood top and bingo bango there you have it. All works great and I can keep my other tools, sand paper and what ever else I want in the drawers. By the way I got the Husky and wood top for a total of $75.00 I got the discount because they only had one key and there was a small scratch on the side of the cabinet.

post-31018-0-61794200-1486601815_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmaker

Rod,

if one is sitting in front of his or her scroll saw and making things to give as gifts to loved ones, then it is not only good for the body but also good for the sole. It takes awhile when one first retires to learn  how to sit for an extended length of time, but you will soon catch on :lol:  :lol:

Dick

heppnerguy

The nice thing about this set up is I can stand or I have a stool that allows me to sit & I have the best of both world. You know sitting too long is not good for the body.

Rod

On rare occasions i get to stand cutting .But that's only when i have over sized projects to do,which i think were only 4 or 5- 20''x40"ones.

I attached a picture of my new Dewalt 788. I had purchased the Dewalt stand but I was not too happy with it so I purchased a Husky 4 Drawer tool cabinet from Home Depot and additionally purchased the wood top. I secured my Dewalt to the wood top and bingo bango there you have it. All works great and I can keep my other tools, sand paper and what ever else I want in the drawers. By the way I got the Husky and wood top for a total of $75.00 I got the discount because they only had one key and there was a small scratch on the side of the cabinet.

I threw out many Dewalt stands ,but i should have saved them for other electric tool stands ,Belts,ander.,spindle  sander,drill presses,Router tables,etc.

i like the idea of lots of drawers under the saw.