Blade Purchase In The Uk My Supplier Has Closed Down

blights69

I tend to use olsen blades mainly but am open to trying others and was buying them from woodworkscraftsupplies here in the uk nut they have now ceased trading so thought I would ask where do my fellow uk scrollers get there blades from or even my fellow non uk scrollers if shipping is not too high. Here`s hoping for a site that is cheaper than I was originally using :) what a result that would be ;)  

Edited by blights69

Hi Frank,

I also used woodworkscraftsupplies and the Olsen blades.

Before they shut I ordered some blades that I regularly use and I also sent in an order to Axminster for the Pegas blades that they stock.

I have not tried the Pegas blade yet, (I am not trudging to the shed in the snow), but the price is on a par with the  Olsen blades from woodworkscraftsupplies and the postage is only £1.

Hope this helps.

take care

Don W

Hi Frank,

I also used woodworkscraftsupplies and the Olsen blades.

Before they shut I ordered some blades that I regularly use and I also sent in an order to Axminster for the Pegas blades that they stock.

I have not tried the Pegas blade yet, (I am not trudging to the shed in the snow), but the price is on a par with the  Olsen blades from woodworkscraftsupplies and the postage is only £1.

Hope this helps.

take care

Don W

Thanks Don I have looked at the pegas blades on axminster as people on here are rating them I will give them a go see what they are like thanks for info

I tend to use olsen blades mainly but am open to trying others and was buying them from woodworkscraftsupplies here in the uk nut they have now ceased trading so thought I would ask where do my fellow uk scrollers get there blades from or even my fellow non uk scrollers if shipping is not too high. Here`s hoping for a site that is cheaper than I was originally using :) what a result that would be ;)  

Blades a blades,Like oil is oil .I've had my best times using the big box stores blades not knowing better are available.I did love the blades that were .016.they lasted the longest.Oh how i miss scrolling .I have the time but not the energy.I'm going to have to pray about it.