New Scroll Saw Village Members!

Handi

Hidden

There appears to be 33 new members so far and the NEW Year hasn't ended just yet.

I would like to Welcome Each and every new member that has Joined Scroll Saw Village. I'm pretty sure Travis would like to see many more members and have this Forum/Site to become a pretty big Resource for Members to come check out, and even non members for:

* Scroll Saw Patterns

* Custom Patterns

* FREE Patterns

* Share your Work

* Share your Patterns

So come check it out, Post your work, if you see limitations with posting pictures, Try using photobucket.com, this service is for pictures, and gives you the ability to upload your pictures to this service, then you can Link Thumbnails from this service into your Post, because this is an HTML Reconized Forum, Any HTML Code you apply to your post will Show up as you post it, So if you include a Link or HTML Coding from Photobucket.com, Your pictures will show up because of the HTML Compatibility.

So sit back, Check with the Forum, do a little posting, get some answers, we will be right here waiting for your questions, if one can't answer your questions, there are plenty more around here that may, and if not, then contact someone and we will research your request with your interest in Mind.

Thanks for stoping buy and checking out Scroll Saw Village!

Hidden

Thanks Handi.

Just to clear things up a bit, HTML isn't recognized on this forum. Most forums do not allow HTML because it is a huge security risk. Instead, forums offer what's called BB Code. This is code that is offered in the toolbar of the reply window. Most BB Code is pretty standard and usually offer styling and embedding of basic media (jpg, gif, etc). That is the reason Photobucket's embed code works here.

As far as sharing pictures, you have several options. First, you can attach a file/picture to the post. A lot of forums do not allow you to do this because it takes up a lot of space and bandwidth. But with Scroll Saw Village, you can attach files and pictures without upload limits. You can find that option under "Upload Attachment" below your reply window.

The second option is to upload a picture to your User Gallery, or a pattern to the Pattern Library. This is a prefered way of sharing pictures and patterns as it keeps everything tidy and easy to find. To embed a picture from your User Gallery or Pattern Library, look at the file information below your picture. You'll find BB Code that you can copy and paste into your forum post. It will offer a nice thumbnail and link to your picture or pattern.

Last option you have available is using a 3rd party image host like Photobucket or Imageshack. They host the picture for you and gives you BB Code to embed in your post.

So you have a few options to choose from. You can choose whichever you feel is most appropriate. I'll post a tutorial on how to share pictures using the User Gallery and Pattern Library this weekend. That should clear up some confusion.

Enjoy!

Hidden
Thanks Handi.

Just to clear things up a bit, HTML isn't recognized on this forum. Most forums do not allow HTML because it is a huge security risk. Instead, forums offer what's called BB Code. This is code that is offered in the toolbar of the reply window. Most BB Code is pretty standard and usually offer styling and embedding of basic media (jpg, gif, etc). That is the reason Photobucket's embed code works here.

As far as sharing pictures, you have several options. First, you can attach a file/picture to the post. A lot of forums do not allow you to do this because it takes up a lot of space and bandwidth. But with Scroll Saw Village, you can attach files and pictures without upload limits. You can find that option under "Upload Attachment" below your reply window.

The second option is to upload a picture to your User Gallery, or a pattern to the Pattern Library. This is a prefered way of sharing pictures and patterns as it keeps everything tidy and easy to find. To embed a picture from your User Gallery or Pattern Library, look at the file information below your picture. You'll find BB Code that you can copy and paste into your forum post. It will offer a nice thumbnail and link to your picture or pattern.

Last option you have available is using a 3rd party image host like Photobucket or Imageshack. They host the picture for you and gives you BB Code to embed in your post.

So you have a few options to choose from. You can choose whichever you feel is most appropriate. I'll post a tutorial on how to share pictures using the User Gallery and Pattern Library this weekend. That should clear up some confusion.

Enjoy!

Travis,

Oh Ok, I guess I have alot more to learn about the HTML and BB and the other stuff... I thought it being HTML Based that it would reconize the Embedded Link from Photobucket.

I will have to do some more research.

Thanks for giving more information, I'm sure the readers are interested in knowing more about it, that's why I posted the Topic to kinda throw in there that I guess I'm assuming what everyone is looking for or may be interested in.

Oh, btw, I revised the Scroll Saw Village Plaque, I found an Error in my Spelling, Then I figured out how to get the Text Resized bigger then 72, It wasn't with the Text Box, There is an option up by the Text Size, that has a Small A and a Big A together, and if you click and drag it to the right, you can extend the text size to a higher level with unlimited effects it seems.