There is always that one project you just hate from start to finish

crupiea

I thought it would be fun to make a vegas sign.  That was about 3 months ago at least.  Cut it out and didnt like doing it from the very start.  Dont know why but it just never came together right for me.  

You know how it is, a little off on this line here and little over cut on that line there and it just adds up.  Finally painted it all and put it together but the background aka sky portion was not painted right.  had to tale it apart, paint it again.  That took another month as i was a bit miffed with it.  So finally got it the color I want, brought it into the house fr glueing,  fit it all together again and what do you know, a tiny piece is missing.  i know it was there when I painted it again but a search turns up nothing.

Take it apart, now have to make another exact tiny piece to fill that whole.

Did that, fits good, just have to put it all together again and glue the backer on.  Glued the backer on and pressed it nice and flat last night.

Look at it today and right away a bunch of tiny pieces fall out as well as half the sky portion.

Glue it again, ok, finally like I need it except for one thing.  Forgot to paint the tiny replacement piece that I remade.  Now its all together and of course thats the one piece that didnt fall out.  

Going to have to figure this one out as its spray painted.

The worst part about these type projects is that everyone else will love it and want one just like it.  

I thought it would be fun to make a vegas sign.  That was about 3 months ago at least.  Cut it out and didnt like doing it from the very start.  Dont know why but it just never came together right for me.  

You know how it is, a little off on this line here and little over cut on that line there and it just adds up.  Finally painted it all and put it together but the background aka sky portion was not painted right.  had to tale it apart, paint it again.  That took another month as i was a bit miffed with it.  So finally got it the color I want, brought it into the house fr glueing,  fit it all together again and what do you know, a tiny piece is missing.  i know it was there when I painted it again but a search turns up nothing.

Did that, fits good, just have to put it all together again and glue the backer on.  Glued the backer on and pressed it nice and flat last night.

Look at it today and right away a bunch of tiny pieces fall out as well as half the sky portion.

Glue it again, ok, finally like I need it except for one thing.  Forgot to paint the tiny replacement piece that I remade.  Now its all together and of course thats the one piece that didnt fall out.  

The worst part about these type projects is that everyone else will love it and want one just like it.  

Oh my achin back,after all the good story telling and had me on the seat of my pants and then NO PICTURES?Turn in your scroll saw blades immediately.I wanna see .I wanna see!

Tony I can almost make it out but not quite. A picture would really help.   :)