Have one of the new Jet scroll sawa?

heppnerguy

Travis, I know they aren't on the market quite yet, but have you considered the new Seyco saw?

I have a bit.  There's not much information yet.  I probably won't get a new saw for a few weeks, so I'll keep an eye on it and see if anything new develops.  The saw bed looks a bit big and cumbersome to me.  I don't have a dedicated workspace for the saw and usually roll out the saw when I need it.  I see the bed getting in the way a bit.  But that's a minor thing.  I'd love to see some video of it in action to really see how it works.  

I'm about to upgrade my scroll saw from my 16" craftsman scroll saw.  I was able to scrape together enough money to get a nice saw.  I was hoping for an Excalibur, but since you can't get them, that changed my game plan.  I'm looking at the Jet now.  For the most part, I like what I see.  However, I'm not thrilled with the lower blade clamp.  But I think it's something I can overlook.  I'll probably buy Steve's jig once I pony up the cash for the Jet.  It looks like a pretty good accessory.  $15 to save me some headache and swear words sounds like a pretty good deal to me.   ;)

Maybe a little over priced, but:

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/tls/6017708976.html

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tls/6022756929.html

Edited by Scrappile

I'm about to upgrade my scroll saw from my 16" craftsman scroll saw.  I was able to scrape together enough money to get a nice saw.  I was hoping for an Excalibur, but since you can't get them, that changed my game plan.  I'm looking at the Jet now.  For the most part, I like what I see.  However, I'm not thrilled with the lower blade clamp.  But I think it's something I can overlook.  I'll probably buy Steve's jig once I pony up the cash for the Jet.  It looks like a pretty good accessory.  $15 to save me some headache and swear words sounds like a pretty good deal to me.   ;)

Travis is the saw you have now capable of being top fed?   Are you a bottom feeder and if so is it by choice or necessity?   I'm generally a bottom feeder by choice but with my current saw I have no choice.    Just food for thought while you are considering a new saw.    When I bought my Hegner I thought like you yeah, I don't like their bottom blade clamp system but I guess I can live with it.   At the time I wasn't thinking about maybe in the future I might want to try projects that would be made much easier by top feeding.   Now I have a case of buyers remorse but have to live with it.   Just sayin.