Fixatives

Helenm2807

A little while ago I read an article in a UK woodworking magazine where the guy used this stuff called WonderPaper by Jason to print his scrollsaw pattern onto. It's a bit like a big sticky label, only not quite so sticky. I have got sick of using the spraymount that then takes ages to peel/scrape/sand off :curse: (even if I am using the repositionable stuff) and I've had mixed results with other fixatives, so I took the plunge and bought a pack. It comes from the USA and I have to say I'd be reluctant to go back to glue after using this.

What do other people use? I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has used this Wonderpaper.

I have used this wonder paper myself. I have also used the same type of paper from Sloans woodshop. Sloans prices are cheaper than Jasons. However sloans paper does not stick as well either.

I dont really use it all that much because of the price. Its cheaper using a spray glue. Just dont spray a lot of it on the paper and you should not have many problems. The other thing you can do is use blue painters tape first then put your pattern on to of the tape. That works really good.

I'm with Dale I've tryed and it works well , but I would rather use the spray adhesive for it's a lot cheaper in the long run . I also use a cheap Harbor Frieght heat gun to remove my patterns when I happen to apply to much spray adhesive , and it will happen if you use it enough too ........Marshall

I just spray my pattern with 3m adhesive. Attach directly to the wood. When I'm done cutting I use mineral spirits. I have a spray bottle of it and spritz the cutting and let ti sit for about 5 mins. The old pattern lifts right off. I do not understand the added expense of the blue painters tape. Guess I'm just cheap. LOL