End Table In Progress

smitty0312

I am currently working on this little table, I made a very similar one back in HS 36yrs ago, I had a request if i could make a small table to display a flag in a case and a shelf underneath to display a 8x10 picture......the original one had a angled book shelf......I am not a furniture maker by any means, that's outside my comfort zone some and I originally told them no.......but Sunday morning I was drinking coffee watching tv and I looked at the table I had made 36yrs ago and thought that would work......so I showed them it and they loved it......so off to the computer to design a template for the sides which I cut yesterday.......went to HD today and purchased a 1x12 & a 1x10 pine boards, also some stain & polyurethane/brushes.......came home and started cutting......and 1.5hrs later I had a table!! Very very simple.....I used my scroll saw to cut the sides, the rest was other saws/router table.......I used my Kreg jig for the joinery......will stain a red mahogany tomorrow........pretty pleased so far........the original one is the 2nd pic......

post-1428-0-56220800-1490721036_thumb.jpg

post-1428-0-52913000-1490721044_thumb.jpg

Edited by smitty0312

Nice table. Not giving up on something that seems too difficult turned out to be something you already had mastered as a high school student. Glad you did not sell yourself short. You had the perfect answer right inn your own living room. Looks like it is going to be a great piece for your client to treasure for years to come

Dick

heppnerguy

I am currently working on this little table, I made a very similar one back in HS 36yrs ago, I had a request if i could make a small table to display a flag in a case and a shelf underneath to display a 8x10 picture......the original one had a angled book shelf......I am not a furniture maker by any means, that's outside my comfort zone some and I originally told them no.......but Sunday morning I was drinking coffee watching tv and I looked at the table I had made 36yrs ago and thought that would work......so I showed them it and they loved it......so off to the computer to design a template for the sides which I cut yesterday.......went to HD today and purchased a 1x12 & a 1x10 pine boards, also some stain & polyurethane/brushes.......came home and started cutting......and 1.5hrs later I had a table!! Very very simple.....I used my scroll saw to cut the sides, the rest was other saws/router table.......I used my Kreg jig for the joinery......will stain a red mahogany tomorrow........pretty pleased so far........the original one is the 2nd pic......

Mighty fine wood working Smitty!