I can shred a guitar.

Dave Monk

4 hours ago, Dave Monk said:

When I was young I dreamed of being a guitarist. I practiced and practiced but I didn't have the gift.

I saw this picture and it caught my eye. It reminded me of one of the greats shredding his guitar.

I used poplar and finished with pre cat lacquer. 

Guitar Tree.JPG

the guy across from me shreds his guitar .i asked if i could watch to see how he does it.it hasn't happened yet.i do so much for these people but finally put a stop top it .nothing comes back when i need help.fix his car, build a stairs so they can get in there ware house.repair their garage door ,give them a electric saw so they quit borrowing mine along with a drill and bits and screw drive bits fo it .repair there micro wave on and on.enough is enough.

Very unusual pattern, turned out beautiful.  I have to ask, what do you mean by "shred a guitar"?  Is that when the performer breaks up there guitar at the end of a song? 

You talk about not having the gift, my son has practiced for years, sometimes hours a day.  He has a travel guitar he takes with him everywhere, all over the world and practices.  At almost 50 he still takes lessons when he can.  His instructor tells him he just does not have a musical gift, gets that from me, but it does not discourage him, he keeps at it.  He can play, but it certainly does not come natural.  More mechanical.  No matter to him he just keep on trying.  I have great respect for him for doing it. 

Edited by Scrappile

Shredding a guitar is someone doing a solo part.Very fast playing.

Metal bands do that type of playing. .all the leaves  on Dave's guitar

Represent all the different  notes being played. 

Now that is my guess lol...love the guitar. 

DAVE, Cathy said you are right. ..I should raise my prices. .Then she said,that way I could

take her out to dinner more.lol

6 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Very unusual pattern, turned out beautiful.  I have to ask, what do you mean by "shred a guitar"?  Is that when the performer breaks up there guitar at the end of a song? 

You talk about not having the gift, my son has practiced for years, sometimes hours a day.  He has a travel guitar he takes with him everywhere, all over the world and practices.  At almost 50 he still takes lessons when he can.  His instructor tells him he just does not have a musical gift, gets that from me, but it does not discourage him, he keeps at it.  He can play, but it certainly does not come natural.  More mechanical.  No matter to him he just keep on trying.  I have great respect for him for doing it. 

Shred guitar or shredding is a virtuoso lead guitar solo playing style for the guitar, based on various fast playing techniques.

As long as your son enjoys it that's all that counts.

8 minutes ago, Gordster said:

Shredding a guitar is someone doing a solo part.Very fast playing.

Metal bands do that type of playing. .all the leaves  on Dave's guitar

Represent all the different  notes being played. 

Now that is my guess lol...love the guitar. 

DAVE, Cathy said you are right. ..I should raise my prices. .Then she said,that way I could

take her out to dinner more.lol

I would tell Cathy that tools come first.

Great work, Dave,

I'd say the cutting is more relaxing than shredding but, I enjoyed seeing it.

One of the bands I played in long ago opened for Dolly Parton.
I was the lead vocalist in a lot of bands and play rythme guitar. Just a little bit of lead guitar.

Mostly country and country/rock like Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse