In Honor of Frank Loyd Wright

oldhudson

Most of my posts are under Other Woodworks. But I do some scroll work so here's an example.

This little project was meant to use cut-offs from a storage unit project that needed a home. I've always been a fan of the Wright's work and in browsing the internet I came across a image that looked like this. I copied it and used it for a pattern. Personal use only. As you can see I glued 6 pieces of stock (.625" cherry) together so I had enough width to make a trivet (6.125" square). It has a couple of spots where either the grain is working against me or the glue is giving up? 

Scrolling straight lines and all right angle corners was difficult for a amateur scoller like me.

Problems aside I'm still pleased with the look. This is my first post since the big change-over. I hope the pics show up? No preview, I'll miss that.

C & C welcome.

FLW trivet 358.jpg

FLR trivet 758.jpg

FLW trivet 640.jpg

Edited by oldhudson

2 hours ago, oldhudson said:

Most of my posts are under Other Woodworks. But I do some scroll work so here's an example.

This little project was meant to use cut-offs from a storage unit project that needed a home. I've always been a fan of the Wright's work and in browsing the internet I came across a image that looked like this. I copied it and used it for a pattern. Personal use only. As you can see I glued 6 pieces of stock (.625" cherry) together so I had enough width to make a trivet (6.125" square). It has a couple of spots where either the grain is working against me or the glue is giving up? 

Scrolling straight lines and all right angle corners was difficult for a amateur scoller like me.

Problems aside I'm still pleased with the look. This is my first post since the big change-over. I hope the pics show up? No preview, I'll miss that.

C & C welcome.

FLW trivet 358.jpg

FLR trivet 758.jpg

FLW trivet 640.jpg

Things go wrong when we least expect it .Beautiful cutting

Nice work Berry. Straight lines are the hardest to do. You didn't say what size blade you used but I would use a larger blade such as a #5 or larger.

An old wise man (Mike, of Flying Dutchman fame) used to say: cutting a straight line is like driving a straight road, you have to move the wheel left and right to go straight. That comes to mind every time I cut straight lines.