new saw and a project in a hurry

amazingkevin

there was a birthday party here and a little girl needed her name made,i had way to many beers but was able to do as requested with only one mistake,The girl kneeling wasn't close enough to the letter.And the dw788 type 2, i drove 30 miles round trip for and gave an extra 20 for to hold it ,Let mIMG_20170429_203640.thumb.jpg.7becefef3619f0aaac86139c15300ab0.jpge have it for just $80.00.It's got miles on it and needs re greasing but it will last a bit yet.Came with the stand too but that's still in the trunk.my back was killing me from man handling the saw into the shop.this makes #9 i have owned and still have 8,i gave one to my friend that moved away he uses it too.Unlike others i've given saws too.IMG_20170429_170500.thumb.jpg.d24c7219a67c51f7d383f6cb44e09b82.jpgIMG_20170429_170500.thumb.jpg.d24c7219a67c51f7d383f6cb44e09b82.jpg

14 hours ago, smitty0312 said:

I bet that cut right through the wind on the way home.........great work on the name also......but don't use power tools after drinking.......naughty naughty naughty.....

ah yes i agree ,I'll go sit in the blue chair and think about what a mistake i did.thanks!

2 hours ago, rjR said:

The scrollsaw is the safest tool in the shop next to the broom!

Anytime I have passed 2 beers; I neither drive nor use power tools!  Been a personal rule for 50+ years now. 

Still a nice piece.

thanks for looking Ralph.the table saw and band saw no way on the booze!

On 5/1/2017 at 5:29 AM, Gordster said:

Good stuff Kevin,looks like the trip to get it was well worth it.

nice name sign which made a little girl happy

I'm going to have to do something about the dw788 clutter here.I was thinking about making a round table with them all on it just to post as the reason i get so much done ,lol

5 hours ago, Dave Monk said:

Good job Kevin. What do you do with so many saws?

I wear them out,i don't post all the things i cut ,as it takes way too much of my time to do so,but were talking thousands of thousands of things cut since 2004,maybe more .Figure on the average each day 5  or more projects times 30 days times 12 months times 13 years and you get a rough idea why i go thru so many saws,mostly i cut 3/4" wood as it is plentyfull.