stripped uuper blade clamp question

hey yall, got a question, i got a sc164vs variable scroll saw, its been doing well until i started using plain end blades, now, since i have to use pliers to tighten upper blade clamp, the screw has become stripped, wont tighten any more. will a regualr screw the size and length of the blade clamp screw work?

when i use the plain end blade, i sand both sides top and bottom, but it still comes out hand tightened, so i had to use pliers.

Any advice will be appreciated

thanks

Jim

Using pliers to torque down the blade screw might be creating too much stress on the threads. I'm guessing using the allen wrench didn't provide enough tension to hold the blade. Those screws are metric. I would suggest checking out E Replacement Parts for replacements. You might want to also check the piece of the blade holder that the screw goes into. That might be damaged also. If the saw is still under warranty, call Ryobi and have them send you new ones.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/ryobi- ... _8002.html

hiya vector, yeah i didnt realize thats what the allen wrench was for.... duh me, lol i did get it replaced today replaed the whole saw, also figured it out by looking at ryobi site, on how to install the air tube, well mine was missing s o i had to tape the tube to side of saw, so i got tired of not having it right, now i can start all over, and start enjoying it again