Thanks Iguanadon

Scrappile

I have followed Iggy's posts about his animal puzzles for some time, not because I was interested necessarily in making puzzles, but because I respected how he had found his niche and has really appeared to have made a success of it.  I really like his enthusiasm.  After reading one of his posts the other day, I noticed in his signature was his web address.  So I visited it.  Very impressive.  I did not know he sold patterns also.  Well I have a 6 year old grandson, I like to make things for him and he seems to enjoy and appreciate it so why not.  I ordered some of the pattern, very reasonable priced I may add.  Last night I cut one and must say I really enjoyed myself.   I left it out for my wife to see when she got home, and I was not sure I was going to get it back from her.  This is the lion.  I have a giraffe and an elephant and 3 dinosaurs left to cut.  The lion is just a piece of scrap plywood from the garbage pile.  Better wood will be used in the future.  So thanks Iggy for making this available.  You have certainly added to my scrolling enjoyment.

lion puzzle.jpg

Ewwwww Paul your grandson is going to love the fact you are now making him puzzles the lion is cool I gotta give the puzzle thing a go sometime I also love Iggys posts and also did not clock he sold the patterns to his puzzles I shall be visiting soon :? I wonder if I could adapt to vinyl LOL Thanks for sharing this with us 

Nice cutting Paul, and thanks for the kind words.  You phrased it perfectly, I found my niche, and I enjoy cutting the cute, silly things every day.  I'm glad you enjoyed your first stab at it.

As to other comments, you can certainly use any thickness of wood, or even vinyl.  Obviously with 3/4" wood, they can stand up on their own for display.  It all depends on what you want to do with them.

As a reminder, I offer the patterns for anything you see on my site (except the kids dinos).  They are all hand drawn by Harvey Byler and I've bought each and every one of them and I have his permission to re-sell them with $2,00 of each one going to Harvey.  I email the patterns to you as soon as I receive the order.  My website address is below in my signature.

And lastly... Harvey has drawn over 600 patterns, they can be viewed at Wooden Teddy Bear. Be sure to check out everything he offers since I "only" have about 150 of them.  :-)  Here's a direct link to the main menu of his stuff.  http://www.woodenteddybearonline.com/x/home.php?cat=100

Thanks again Paul.

Iggy

Edited by Iguanadon

P.S., I just printed this thread off and am mailing it to Harvey so he can see how much folks enjoy his work.

For those that aren't aware, Harvey is Amish, lives in Ohio and of course has no access to computers.  He does use the phone in town to conduct business and he and I speak about once every week or two as I place custom orders with him.  

I call, leave a voicemail with what I need, he then calls me back if he has any questions.  He or his son (Harvey Jr.) then draw what I requested and mail it to me via USPS.  It's a slow process, but his work is so fantastic, it's worth the wait.

Iggy

55 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Iggy is the master of these puzzles, I enjoy reading about the success he is having with his work, and his marketing skills, Good luck tomarrow hope the weather holds out for you, RJ

Thanks RJ, I've spent the last 48 hours checking every weather site I have saved looking at forecasts, radars and anything else that gives me any indication of how much rain may come tomorrow.  Right now I'm planning on going to the event in the morning and hoping for the best.  I think (hope) that the bulk of the rain may miss me.  We'll see... I may be reporting that I had to keep everything covered with a tarp and only sold 2 puzzles.

Oh, and I'm a bit under the weather.  Grand-daughter was sick last week and she infected my wife during a visit and my wife was nice enough to share it with me yesterday.  She had it 100x worse than me though, at least I'm still able to function.

But the good news is that my local big event next Saturday looks fantastic as far as the weather is concerned.

23 hours ago, Scrappile said:

I have followed Iggy's posts about his animal puzzles for some time, not because I was interested necessarily in making puzzles, but because I respected how he had found his niche and has really appeared to have made a success of it.  I really like his enthusiasm.  After reading one of his posts the other day, I noticed in his signature was his web address.  So I visited it.  Very impressive.  I did not know he sold patterns also.  Well I have a 6 year old grandson, I like to make things for him and he seems to enjoy and appreciate it so why not.  I ordered some of the pattern, very reasonable priced I may add.  Last night I cut one and must say I really enjoyed myself.   I left it out for my wife to see when she got home, and I was not sure I was going to get it back from her.  This is the lion.  I have a giraffe and an elephant and 3 dinosaurs left to cut.  The lion is just a piece of scrap plywood from the garbage pile.  Better wood will be used in the future.  So thanks Iggy for making this available.  You have certainly added to my scrolling enjoyment.

lion puzzle.jpg

Well done ,i can see why she scouped it up!

Sounds like you have been bitten by the puzzle Bug - Iggy - do you have a "bug" puzzle for those who are bitten by it?  These look great Paul and I am sure your grandson will enjoy any and all you provide - assuming of course you can get them back from your wife!  Thanks for showing.