Finally Done in the Right Key

munzieb

After few months of work, finally done. Our Christmas present last year was a Artesia 150e Digital Piano from Costco. (great deal) Well, I quickly started collecting a library of "Fake Books" to start learning to read music. (getting slowly better) that brought on complaints from my wife to say why are all these books laying around. Solution.. a magazine rack. Tried to find plans I liked on the web but no luck. Came up with my own idea. I used Kreg pocket screws to assemble. After many coats of black lacquer, tried to get it as nice as the piano but couldn't quite get it there. Still has a nice  shine. I used a Sue Landry design for the music scroll pattern and many coats of gold paint. Pinned nailed to the sides. Problem solved but my wife still says that if I keep playing by ear, I have to start using larger Q-tips. LOL!

20170516_093335.jpg

20170516_093355.jpg

20170516_093416.jpg

12 hours ago, munzieb said:

After few months of work, finally done. Our Christmas present last year was a Artesia 150e Digital Piano from Costco. (great deal) Well, I quickly started collecting a library of "Fake Books" to start learning to read music. (getting slowly better) that brought on complaints from my wife to say why are all these books laying around. Solution.. a magazine rack. Tried to find plans I liked on the web but no luck. Came up with my own idea. I used Kreg pocket screws to assemble. After many coats of black lacquer, tried to get it as nice as the piano but couldn't quite get it there. Still has a nice  shine. I used a Sue Landry design for the music scroll pattern and many coats of gold paint. Pinned nailed to the sides. Problem solved but my wife still says that if I keep playing by ear, I have to start using larger Q-tips. LOL!

20170516_093335.jpg

20170516_093355.jpg

20170516_093416.jpg

i lost all my piano books ,sad,I loved to play! Very nicely done!