Do we have anyone from India here?

hotshot

I had someone contact me from India looking for a scroll saw that would be decent for coin cutting.

You would think that would be easy for a big country like India, but only one saw comes up on the Indian Amazon.com, and it looks to be very poor, and seems to be pinned blade oriented.  I looked around at other sites, and it seems there is a dearth of decent scroll saws available there.  It might be that I just haven't found the "Go To" source for quality tools in India.

If we have anyone from India that can help  me point this person in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.  Or, if someone has better luck in create Googling, that might work to.  I was hope that Axminster or Carbatec might service India, but I didn't find anything to support that wish.

-------_Randy

1 hour ago, Travis said:

It might be legit, but just be careful of scams.  I get regular emails from people wanting to buy scroll saws from me.  Usually a dozen at a time.  They always seem to have money burning a hole burning in their pocket.  

Hard to say, evil people are very creative.  He sent me a link to a scroll saw on amazon.com in India and asked it was what I was using.  It was pathetic.  I would like to have offered him a legit choice, but I couldn't believe the lack of options.  I'm glad to live where there we have many very very good choices.

Asking Mahendra is a great idea, and he used to post a lot of patterns on one of the Facebook groups, but I couldn't seem to find him.  I may be looking in the wrong groups.

------Randy

Edited by hotshot

Mahendra does patterns here, I have cut several.  "Lack of choices" we in America are so blessed and most don't even realize it.  We have a bounty of choices of everything, go to any other country and choices are limited.  I always remember when my daughter-in-law and and grandkids came to stay with us for while after living in Japan for several years.  Her and her daughter went to a Walmart just to get some suntan lotion, shortly after arriving back in the states.  She told me they had to leave the store, they had forgotten how it was.  So many choices, they felt over whelmed with all the choices... And most here do not seem to appreciate it.... 

Hi Guys,

I am here:-) We do not have much option as far as scroll saw or tools are concerned.

We have a distributor for Proxxon saw germany but that to very poor after sales n service. The other option is order Dewalt 755 thru amazon but here again due to customs and duty and this tax and that tax it becomes a very costly affair and all this trouble for hobby! Thats a big turn off:-) DIY trend has yet to hit India when it does( not sure when) tools and machinery will be cheaper.

You guys are really blessed so many things available the best of saws ,wood and tools it blows me away when i go window shopping on the net ,ha ha

Hotshot- if u wish u can direct this guy to me and I will see what help he wants

Thank you

Mahendra

Marg- thank you:-)

Edited by multitom

On 5/22/2017 at 3:33 PM, hotshot said:

I had someone contact me from India looking for a scroll saw that would be decent for coin cutting.

You would think that would be easy for a big country like India, but only one saw comes up on the Indian Amazon.com, and it looks to be very poor, and seems to be pinned blade oriented.  I looked around at other sites, and it seems there is a dearth of decent scroll saws available there.  It might be that I just haven't found the "Go To" source for quality tools in India.

If we have anyone from India that can help  me point this person in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.  Or, if someone has better luck in create Googling, that might work to.  I was hope that Axminster or Carbatec might service India, but I didn't find anything to support that wish.

-------_Randy

Not sure if Mahendra is in india!

7 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

I can assure you, Kevin, that Mahendra is indeed in India. We have corresponded quite a bit and have become friends as a result

Dick

heppnerguy

Hi Dick, how are you:-), sorry  for not being in touch( it was not intentional) 

Nice to hear from :-)my best to your family

Mahendra