Beveling 1 or more sides when stack cutting

jerry1939

It's been a long time since I did this, but I used the exact same method when I did and then cut the bevels on my table saw. I did this long before Scrollsaw Village even  existed, so I never thought to post it here. I'm glad that you did, and It should help those who haven't tried to add bevels to stack cut patterns by marking the position of the bevel cut as you cut the pattern, then do the bevel cut after the stack has been separated.

BTW, I have been asked by SWMBO to make a new sleigh for her by next Christmas and I like the pattern that you chose. Can you tell me where it came from?

I'm going to have to make it much smaller because she wants it to go with the 9 (including Rudolf) compound cut 3" tall reindeer that I have already made for her. I had made a different, less ornate, sleigh when I made the reindeer, but she doesn't care for it.

Charley

20 minutes ago, CharleyL said:

It's been a long time since I did this, but I used the exact same method when I did and then cut the bevels on my table saw. I did this long before Scrollsaw Village even  existed, so I never thought to post it here. I'm glad that you did, and It should help those who haven't tried to add bevels to stack cut patterns by marking the position of the bevel cut as you cut the pattern, then do the bevel cut after the stack has been separated.

BTW, I have been asked by SWMBO to make a new sleigh for her by next Christmas and I like the pattern that you chose. Can you tell me where it came from?

I'm going to have to make it much smaller because she wants it to go with the 9 (including Rudolf) compound cut 3" tall reindeer that I have already made for her. I had made a different, less ornate, sleigh when I made the reindeer, but she doesn't care for it.

Charley

Hi Sir.  My pattern is an old Wildwood Designs # 1194.  Their site (& Cherry Tree) doesn't let you enter a pattern number.  You can look in their catalog or ring their phone.  Good luck Friend.   http://cherrytreetoys.com/wildwood-designs/

jerry

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 6:03 PM, CharleyL said:

Thanks Jerry

Charley

Charley,  As everyone knows, I'm a slow thinker. :D:D  IF you order the Cherry Tree pattern that I have, be aware of the fact that the patterns for the front & back are not square.  The first one I made listed to the starboard side.  Have since scotch taped plain paper of the side lines and drew new ones.

jerry