projects completed, deadlines met!

FINALLY!! After workin' on a project what seems like forever, I finished it last night! The customers were totally satisfied, they paid their bill, & left the shop happy!

The customer brought me a 24" x 24" x 8" pine box w/a glass front about 2 1/2 months ago, along w/a Christmas wreath that they wanted to fit in these boxes. The one they brought was to small, & they couldn't get the glass out of it. So, I had to destroy the smaller box for some dado measurements, & I went to work sizin' the new ones around this wreath. I planed the pine to clean it up a little, sanded & stained it w/a cherry stain. Yes, I used a prestain on the pine, otherwise it would look like, well, ya know. So, after the dadoes were all cut, & the 1/4" plywood cut for the bottoms of the two boxes, it had to be stained. Then everything had to be shot w/2 coats of exterior urethane. Then it came to put together time. That went fairly smooth, in between family obligations, like the rest of the project. Then came time to put the glass in the fronts of these boxes. I spent more time cleanin' blood off of things than I did installin' the glass! These boxes are boxes to set at the headstones, & designed to protect the memorials. They are finally done! I get the week end off!!!

2 hours ago, SCROLLSAW703 said:

FINALLY!! After workin' on a project what seems like forever, I finished it last night! The customers were totally satisfied, they paid their bill, & left the shop happy!

The customer brought me a 24" x 24" x 8" pine box w/a glass front about 2 1/2 months ago, along w/a Christmas wreath that they wanted to fit in these boxes. The one they brought was to small, & they couldn't get the glass out of it. So, I had to destroy the smaller box for some dado measurements, & I went to work sizin' the new ones around this wreath. I planed the pine to clean it up a little, sanded & stained it w/a cherry stain. Yes, I used a prestain on the pine, otherwise it would look like, well, ya know. So, after the dadoes were all cut, & the 1/4" plywood cut for the bottoms of the two boxes, it had to be stained. Then everything had to be shot w/2 coats of exterior urethane. Then it came to put together time. That went fairly smooth, in between family obligations, like the rest of the project. Then came time to put the glass in the fronts of these boxes. I spent more time cleanin' blood off of things than I did installin' the glass! These boxes are boxes to set at the headstones, & designed to protect the memorials. They are finally done! I get the week end off!!!

If there's a will there's a way ,Good save!

I would love to see the photo also. It sounds like a very interesting project to me. I hope I can find time to get to you FB page, before I forget about it.  I might suggest that you PM Travis Cook about your photo posting problems. I am sure he can help you understand what you need to do to get that done. He is extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Dick

heppnerguy

well mr. danny, I'm mighty proud to hear that news from you. hopefully I'll get the picture postin' figured out, but until then, I reckon I'll continue to use my fb page, Sir. Thank you kindly, again for the information. Enjoy the evening.

Edited by SCROLLSAW703