hegner 18vs blade tension

HI gang

I have noticed after I set blade tension on my hegner 18vs it seems to loosen up some as I take blade out and change holes in a pattern. I sent advanced machinery an email about it but I thought maybe somebody on here had the same problem and best fix for it. It is an older saw so maybe replacing that whole part might fix it or the spring is getting week.

Thanks

Bill

Bill do you have the front tension lever.If not than the rear spring is the only thing left.I guess you know that there are different size clamps for blade thickness.That was my problem when I first got the Hegner.If the clamp you are using is to big for the blade than it will pinch instead of clamp.

Well Mr. Bill, not havin' much knowledge of hegners, but years of scroll saw experience, & mechanicin' on my own & others saws, I'm not goin' to say I agree/disagree w/Mr. Tony on the spring, but, it's a possibility. But, before you loctite anything, pull up the parts diagram of your saw. You'll notice on the tension rod there are two "wedges". They are an important part of keepin' & holdin' tension. Those wedges may have worn to a sharp enough angle, they may need replaced if you aren't able to file them to a rounder edge. Another thing that may be problematic is the threads at the end of the tension rod. They may have worn enough they aren't holding. You could try & run a thread die down them.

I had this same issue w/my 220VS Hawk. The wedge wore out first, & replaced it, then the threads on the tension rod wore enough, I finally had to replace it. That solved that problem until I finally wore out enough of the rest of the saw, it was cheaper to trade than to fix it. Be worth lookin' into. just my .02.

Edited by SCROLLSAW703

Bill, SCROLLSAW703 may be correct.  I read of that some where.  It is worth trying to fix, although I don't think you can easily get the knob off without breaking it off to get a thread chaser on it.  Maybe it screws off I haven't looked at it closely.  It all comes as one part the bolt, wedges and know,,,, $61.95!