Jet scroll saw

Trka2002

24 minutes ago, Trka2002 said:

I thinking of getting another saw. I've seen videos on the Jet and was wondering if any of you ever used it and what you think of it. 

I forgot who it was but they posted a few days ago about getting a new Jet saw. Of coarse there is always You Tube. If you are going to spend that kind of money you need to look at a new Hawk. I am trying my best to resist buying one as I have an EX16 which is pretty nice. You know how it is we want bigger and better.

3 minutes ago, hawkeye10 said:

I forgot who it was but they posted a few days ago about getting a new Jet saw. Of coarse there is always You Tube. If you are going to spend that kind of money you need to look at a new Hawk. I am trying my best to resist buying one as I have an EX16 which is pretty nice. You know how it is we want bigger and better.

... Hawk.... you want a Hawk... Look at me... the Hawk is calling you HAWKeye...

:razz:

Steve Good did a review of the Jet, it is on his Youtube channel and Carole Rothman has done a review of it also.  I have not read much about it by users.  I believe the Jet is a bottom feed only saw and if you are a bottom feeder that would not be a concern, if a top feeder, forget it.  Have you considered the new Seyco saw.  Top or bottom feed, very nice large table, the largest available.  Great customer service. 

I've owned a Jet for almost a year now and am very happy with it.  It is bottom-feed only, so if you are looking to top-feed look elsewhere.  I love the blade clamp and being able to have multiple blades loaded and able to change out is a couple seconds is really nice.  I have found myself using a wider variety of blades even on a single project just because one blade type might cut certain cuts better than others.  Where I used to use pretty much the same blade throughout a project and make-do, now I can switch back and forth quickly and use the best blade choice for different cuts.

Steve

I've had my JET for about 6 months as well. I love it. It's a very smooth running machine, and the upper clamp is a dream to operate. It is nice to be able to have 2 or 3 blades loaded and ready to go. Until I switched, I didn't realize how antiquated my old Delta really was. I really enjoy how the upper arm lifts out of the way when trying to stab a blade into a new hole. I can't tell you about other saws, but for me, the JET was well worth the money.  

I guess I haven't measured the distance from the table to the clamp when its completely down, but most of what I do is 3/16"-1/2" thick, so that hasn't been an issue at all. I've cut thicker stuff on my old saw, and, in my opinion, if you're going to go thicker than 1.5", you should probably be using a bandsaw.