Update on my Hawk saw order...

Iguanadon

I placed my Hawk order on June 11 and when I spoke with them a couple days later she informed me it would be "about a month" and that was fine.  I decided to call today for an update just to see if they had a better idea of potential build and ship dates...

"Hi, I'm calling to see how things are coming on my order for a BM26 scroll saw to see if you have an estimated ship date."

"Yes, they're building those right now actually now that we're done harvesting."

"Harvesting?"

"Yes, we're also a farm and have been harvesting our wheat but we're back to building the scroll saws now."

Well, I've never heard that one before. LOL  I guess I'm not the only one that multi-tasks... working for a software company and making animal puzzles.

Still a couple of weeks away... they'll call me to let me know when it's getting close to shipping.

Bushton Mfr is really a family business with several branches. I only know of 6 or 7 people who work there. The town they are in has a population of 300. Just to let folks know that Hawk tools are NOT built by a Delta sized company. I'm sure your Saw will be delivered at the approx. date and should be everything you hope for. It will take a few days to get used to as things are different from Dewalt 788s.

FredFret

Wichita, ks

21 minutes ago, fredfret said:

Bushton Mfr is really a family business with several branches. I only know of 6 or 7 people who work there. The town they are in has a population of 300. Just to let folks know that Hawk tools are NOT built by a Delta sized company. I'm sure your Saw will be delivered at the approx. date and should be everything you hope for. It will take a few days to get used to as things are different from Dewalt 788s.

FredFret

Wichita, ks

Thanks Fred, I'm looking very forward to getting my new toy.

you guys forget Hawk saws are built in Kansas. The heartland, gentlemen! Out here, yes, there is wheat grown, & From the middle of June to the middle of July, the combines come out of the woodwork! Farmers also have other businesses besides the farm. But, when it's time to do field work, plant & harvest, everything else comes to a stop because the crops keep the farm alive, and feed you. Iggy, your machine will arrive on schedule, no worries, brother.

I love the idea that Hawks are built by farmers so that adds to the appeal for me.  I grew up on a farm in the middle of the Oklahoma Panhandle, and harvest time was always very exciting for me as a kid.  I miss the smell of fresh cut wheat and all that goes with it.  So, extra brownie points to farmers of Bushton Mfg.

Edited by hotshot

On 6/29/2017 at 10:57 AM, Iguanadon said:

I placed my Hawk order on June 11 and when I spoke with them a couple days later she informed me it would be "about a month" and that was fine.  I decided to call today for an update just to see if they had a better idea of potential build and ship dates...

"Hi, I'm calling to see how things are coming on my order for a BM26 scroll saw to see if you have an estimated ship date."

"Yes, they're building those right now actually now that we're done harvesting."

"Harvesting?"

"Yes, we're also a farm and have been harvesting our wheat but we're back to building the scroll saws now."

Well, I've never heard that one before. LOL  I guess I'm not the only one that multi-tasks... working for a software company and making animal puzzles.

Still a couple of weeks away... they'll call me to let me know when it's getting close to shipping.

Ya just never know what to expect,hang in there Santas coming in july,lol

On 6/29/2017 at 10:52 PM, Chiloquinruss said:

First off congrats on your order, you'll love it!  Next up I made a little tool for adjusting the 'T' nuts.  Helps with my arthritis some!  :D  Russ

Pix 01

pix 02

pix 0 Blue Heron Health News 3

Russ I've been googling arthritis cures and am trying one now.Will let you know yea or nay   in 14 days,honey and garlic