Wonder Bowl

Denny Knappen

12 hours ago, Denny Knappen said:

I finished the 'Wonder Bowl' found in SWWC Fall 2017 issue #68.  The pattern is by Dave Van Ess.  There are several bowl making changes, most dramatic is no drilling.  I used 5/8" Western Red Cedar and FD Polar #3 blades.  The finish is spray Shellac.  Comments welcome.

Wonder Bowl 070517.JPG

Well as usual i ran out of 20 likes before  i got to your bowl.i just know i'll be addicted to making them.i thought sure DW would have been enought top get me started as i built a nice long wood glueing press which i use a lot but no bowls yet.I'm getting serious with my doctor now as i want my health back and tomorrow im taking a full total blood panel to find anything possible causing me to have no energy and can't even  scroll all day no more .I've so much good wood to use ,all the tools etc.i don't want to be a number on a bed in a retirement home and watch TV all day ,how boring.Somethings got to give and soonj.I'm way way behind on my free work for new friends at stores i go,im embarrassed to show my face.