New version...

Iguanadon

Harvey Byler's SEA TURTLE is one of my top sellers being that they nest here on our beach every year and folks really get into the critters.  A couple of months ago I came up with an idea/design and had Harvey draw up one that says CAROLINA BEACH... In the 7 weeks I've been selling it, it's now my top seller.

A week ago Saturday I had a customer come up and really liked it and asked if I could do one for the place where they have a summer home... CAPTIVA ISLAND... so I placed the order with Harvey and I cut it today.  The customer said they know the guy that runs a gift shop there and they'd show it to him and maybe he'll want to try some in his shop.  I hear that a lot, so I never hold my breath.  I had the guy that runs the gift shop at a zoo go crazy over my zoo animals.  We emailed a couple of times, then he disappeared.  Another time I had the head of the Chihuahua rescue group get excited about the Chihuahua puzzle and I offered suggestions such as spelling out RESCUE in the body and then they could sell them (I'd give them a discount) and they could stimulate donations, etc...  Never heard from her again...

Anyway, here are the original Sea Turtle, the Carolina Beach version and the custom request Captiva Island

Iggy

Sea Turtle.jpg

CB Sea Turtle.jpg

IMG_20170709_173457.jpg

6 hours ago, Iguanadon said:

Harvey Byler's SEA TURTLE is one of my top sellers being that they nest here on our beach every year and folks really get into the critters.  A couple of months ago I came up with an idea/design and had Harvey draw up one that says CAROLINA BEACH... In the 7 weeks I've been selling it, it's now my top seller.

A week ago Saturday I had a customer come up and really liked it and asked if I could do one for the place where they have a summer home... CAPTIVA ISLAND... so I placed the order with Harvey and I cut it today.  The customer said they know the guy that runs a gift shop there and they'd show it to him and maybe he'll want to try some in his shop.  I hear that a lot, so I never hold my breath.  I had the guy that runs the gift shop at a zoo go crazy over my zoo animals.  We emailed a couple of times, then he disappeared.  Another time I had the head of the Chihuahua rescue group get excited about the Chihuahua puzzle and I offered suggestions such as spelling out RESCUE in the body and then they could sell them (I'd give them a discount) and they could stimulate donations, etc...  Never heard from her again...

Anyway, here are the original Sea Turtle, the Carolina Beach version and the custom request Captiva Island

Iggy

Sea Turtle.jpg

CB Sea Turtle.jpg

IMG_20170709_173457.jpg

you have all bases covered

Very nice work Scott.  We have been to Captiva Island.  Went about 9 years ago this coming Fall with all of my husband's family for his mother's 80th birthday. Thanks for showing.  Sometimes it can take forever and a day for someone to followup no something like this so its possible when you least expect it, the Zoo and the Rescue group still might come back calling perhaps.

50 minutes ago, rdatelle said:

Iggy, you never stop amazing us with new stuff. Those look great. I love the way your getting the color for the bottom. Mine don't seem to come as dark. Maybe I'm using to much water with the food coloring.

Thanks Ralph. 

It's all trial and error with the coloring, and my latest learning experience... don't wipe the excess off after dipping in the coloring... I thought it would cause "bleeding" on the edges, but it turns out that it doesn't and it makes the coloring darker.  Give it a try.  Just dip, shake off any excess and set the pieces aside.