With One Month To Go...

Iguanadon

My mega event is coming up August 26th/27th and I'm still cutting like crazy even as I sell at the farmers market every week.  I kept waiting and hoping for a rainy Saturday so I'd get a week in which I would just be cutting for the big event, but no such luck.

The counts currently are:

120 unique animals on display as usual

Currently 241 duplicates cut (see list attached, highlighted ones are those that I need to make more of)

100 kids puzzles on display (Planned.  Will need to cut about 60 before the event)

80 duplicates I carry to the farmers market every Saturday that I'll take to the big event as "emergency backup"

I have about 40 more duplicates printed and plan to cut, plus any others I have time to make.

Grand total = Right around 600 puzzles... Overkill?  :lol:

I do have a couple more sizable events in September, so they won't go to waste.

Big Event Duplicates.pdf

Edited by Iguanadon

27 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Boy you are a cutting fool, LoL. Its going to be a hot one tommarrow, take plenty of liquids. Any word when your replacement saw is coming, this has everyone interested, RJ

I'm some sort of fool!!!  :-)

Yeah, it's definitely steamy here.  One of the great things I love about my farmers market is it's only from 8am to 1pm so just as the worst of the heat shows up, it's time to pack up and head home.

I haven't heard any update on the status of the new saw yet.

8 hours ago, Iguanadon said:

My mega event is coming up August 26th/27th and I'm still cutting like crazy even as I sell at the farmers market every week.  I kept waiting and hoping for a rainy Saturday so I'd get a week in which I would just be cutting for the big event, but no such luck.

The counts currently are:

120 unique animals on display as usual

Currently 241 duplicates cut (see list attached, highlighted ones are those that I need to make more of)

100 kids puzzles on display (Planned.  Will need to cut about 60 before the event)

80 duplicates I carry to the farmers market every Saturday that I'll take to the big event as "emergency backup"

I have about 40 more duplicates printed and plan to cut, plus any others I have time to make.

Grand total = Right around 600 puzzles... Overkill?  :lol:

I do have a couple more sizable events in September, so they won't go to waste.

Big Event Duplicates.pdf

Guess it's like prospecting for gold some days you hit it!

With that much trouble keeping up with sales, you should raise your prices. The volume of sales may slow, but you should end up with more money and not need to work so hard. Chances are, an increase won't affect the volume much at all, so long as your quality remains. People are willing to pay more for something with quality. Try raising things 10% and see what happens. Somewhere there is a point at which your prices make you more money and you don't need to work so hard for it and the customer is still happy too. Inflation is happening all around you. Prices of everything is going up. Your prices should go up too.

Charley

Edited by CharleyL

34 minutes ago, CharleyL said:

With that much trouble keeping up with sales, you should raise your prices. The volume of sales may slow, but you should end up with more money and not need to work so hard. Chances are, an increase won't affect the volume much at all, so long as your quality remains. People are willing to pay more for something with quality. Try raising things 10% and see what happens. Somewhere there is a point at which your prices make you more money and you don't need to work so hard for it and the customer is still happy too. Inflation is happening all around you. Prices of everything is going up. Your prices should go up too.

Charley

Hey Charley, good to hear from you.

My weekly sales are perfect in that I sell 24-29 puzzles each Saturday which is easily manageable.  But right now I'm simply pushing hard to stockpile for the big event coming up.  I don't want to have a single person ask for something and I have to say "Sorry, I did have some of those, but sold out."  So, for an anticipated 200-250 sales event, I'm heading there with 600 on hand.

I'm actually going to increase my price for the event from $25 to $29 and the kids puzzles which are normally $10, I'm going to list as "$15 each or 2 for $25"

I'm somewhat of a jokester and I plan on putting up a sign that says $29 each or 3 for $99" and see how many people go for the "discount"  :-)  In small print on the price sign it'll say "You'll only be charged $87, this was a test"

Many years ago I was selling candy bars for one of my Iglet's school sales and I put them on my desk at work $1 each or 2 for $3"  It was pitiful how many people picked up 2 and tried to give me $3.  

Edited by Iguanadon

8 minutes ago, Phantom Scroller said:

Only taking a couple of things then.lol Will there be room for a passenger.:lol: Roly

I may be strapping my tables and tent to the top of the SUV.  :-)  

Mrs. Ig may not be joining me.  If the weather forecast is too hot, she won't go.  She can't deal with excessive heat, so I'll be on my own.  I have friends in the town where the event is and I'll ask for a couple of volunteers to come help me... one in the morning and one in the afternoon each day.