First Project With Hawk BM26

hotshot

Well, I wanted to get used to the saw with a Charles Dearing pattern, but my daughter had something very specific in mind.  I usually don't do the simple cutout type stuff, but you know, when the daughter asks . . . . 

I think she wants to paint the whale pink and the rest blue.  Who knows.  Evidently Vineyard Vines is some clothes company and this Whale is their logo.

The wood is 3/4 ply, and using #3 Modified Geometry blades Hawkeye gave me to test.  Blades worked good, but the saw is not aggressive how it is currently set.  If I did much of this, I would have to adjust for a little more bite.

IMG_0343.JPG

14 hours ago, hotshot said:

Well, I wanted to get used to the saw with a Charles Dearing pattern, but my daughter had something very specific in mind.  I usually don't do the simple cutout type stuff, but you know, when the daughter asks . . . . 

I think she wants to paint the whale pink and the rest blue.  Who knows.  Evidently Vineyard Vines is some clothes company and this Whale is their logo.

The wood is 3/4 ply, and using #3 Modified Geometry blades Hawkeye gave me to test.  Blades worked good, but the saw is not aggressive how it is currently set.  If I did much of this, I would have to adjust for a little more bite.

IMG_0343.JPG

whoa! that's a whale of a tail for book ends .Looks great!