Shop time

grampa

Thanks Travis, The box is finnished with Danish oil and the Intarsia is colored with (sorry to say) Highlighter pens and stain then covered with danish oil.......Paul :)

Boy, those turned out nice. I bet the lucky recipient of that box is thrilled. What did you use to color the wood. Looks fabulous. :thumbs:

...the Intarsia is colored with (sorry to say) Highlighter pens ...

Really!? Wow. I would have never thought of that. That's a great idea. Now you got my wheels turning. Hmmm....I wonder if other markers would work well. Did the color run or bleed at all when you added your topcoat finish? Did the marker go on evenly without streaks?

Hi, No the color is ok if you let dry and apply top coat with a brush (do not use a cloth to apply top coat) has for streaking it doese on large pieces but if you rub it with a soft cloth straight away the streaks blend in....Paul :)

...the Intarsia is colored with (sorry to say) Highlighter pens ...

Really!? Wow. I would have never thought of that. That's a great idea. Now you got my wheels turning. Hmmm....I wonder if other markers would work well. Did the color run or bleed at all when you added your topcoat finish? Did the marker go on evenly without streaks?