Excaliber parts.

hawkeye10

I am not sure what the whole upgrade consist of.. nor do I have any experience with the EX's ... That said though.. one sentence in the description mentions polishing the top of the clamp for a smoother surface which will equal less wear.. Seems to me.. one could polish their own for less wear on the original clamp..I did read of another part of the upgrade as well.. which since I don't own or have any experience with these saws so I don't know what that consist of.. only comment on the polishing part since I have experience with polishing.. ( several years of building / restoring old cars / street rods etc.. LOL

Kevin

I got the upgrade about 2 years ago.  What it does is keeps the white level from wearing out as fast and the level locks in position. Well worth the extra money.  When they say polish it means they have ground a flat spot for the level to rest on. 

Edited by trackman

5 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

how'd they miss this on the drawing board?

Having worked in manufacturing I have seen very often what looks great on paper does not always work perfectly in the real world.  I applaud any company that sees away to make their products better and acts.  We the consumer wins.

16 hours ago, trackman said:

I got the upgrade about 2 years ago.  What it does is keeps the white level from wearing out as fast and the level locks in position. Well worth the extra money.  When they say polish it means they have ground a flat spot for the level to rest on. 

Thanks Delvaughn I will order the upgrade.