parking sign fimished

amazingkevin

Kevin I just cut out 5 lettere 2 of each and told him there would be a charge no price quote. When he came to pick them up he ask the price I told him what ever he thought would be fair . He gacve me $20 I thanked him and he left. I was going to charge him $10. Just let them know that there would be a charge but not one to hert him. He furnished the wood.

IKE

Edited by ike

Kevin,  You should quote everyone that asks you to do something for them. If it is a gift, that is fine, but if you expect a fee, don't be shy. Tell them up front how much it will be. If they do not want to pay for it, then thank them and go on your way. Remember, they are not going to  get someone to donate their work, no more than the business that asks you to do something expects you to receive their goods for free. Buck up and be a business man. If they don't want to give you something for you time and material, you really do not need to try and make them a friend to mooch off you.

Dick

heppnerguy

16 hours ago, ike said:

Kevin I just cut out 5 lettere 2 of each and told him there would be a charge no price quote. When he came to pick them up he ask the price I told him what ever he thought would be fair . He gacve me $20 I thanked him and he left. I was going to charge him $10. Just let them know that there would be a charge but not one to hert him. He furnished the wood.

IKE

God's taking good care of me  so i pass it on.

3 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

Kevin,  You should quote everyone that asks you to do something for them. If it is a gift, that is fine, but if you expect a fee, don't be shy. Tell them up front how much it will be. If they do not want to pay for it, then thank them and go on your way. Remember, they are not going to  get someone to donate their work, no more than the business that asks you to do something expects you to receive their goods for free. Buck up and be a business man. If they don't want to give you something for you time and material, you really do not need to try and make them a friend to mooch off you.

Dick

heppnerguy

He's bought plenty from me and doubled the price too when he got it .He's just slow on paying.