EX Maint.

tonylumps

I bought my EX about a year ago.So I am guessing it is about 3 years old So I figured i would do a little Maint.on it.I replaced the Top blade clamp.Don't think I needed it  While I had it apart i repacked all of the needle bearings on the front of the saw.Just what everybody was talking about EX does have greased bearings So  all of the bushings looked good.Did not tear the back end apart.I think I will wait on that.A little more complicated.its not broke so I will leave it.Looking at my 19 year old Hegner sitting next to it I figured It was do for  Maint..So 4 drops of 3 in1 oil did the trick.Good for 2 more weeks

IMG_0133[1].JPG

17 hours ago, tonylumps said:

I bought my EX about a year ago.So I am guessing it is about 3 years old So I figured i would do a little Maint.on it.I replaced the Top blade clamp.Don't think I needed it  While I had it apart i repacked all of the needle bearings on the front of the saw.Just what everybody was talking about EX does have greased bearings So  all of the bushings looked good.Did not tear the back end apart.I think I will wait on that.A little more complicated.its not broke so I will leave it.Looking at my 19 year old Hegner sitting next to it I figured It was do for  Maint..So 4 drops of 3 in1 oil did the trick.Good for 2 more weeks

IMG_0133[1].JPG

Oh Lord ,3 in one oil is so thin it will run out fast.car axle grease will be there from now on .

6 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

My DW788's love heavy grease and as wore out as i get them it brings them back to factory specs,just my 2 cents

I don't know if you have watched the video on You Tube about maintenance on the DW788 but he tells you what the best grease is to use. He also tells you where to buy bearings that are better and cost less. If it were me I would use the best.

Edited by hawkeye10

I did not replace bearings in this saw.Just repacked them Because they were packed with grease when the saw was put together .Dewalt has that problem.no grease when put together is why they need bearings after a year. I have been using Timken bearing Grease all my life I still own 2 trailers and that is what I use for them.I am sure it will work on any scroll saw made.

Edited by tonylumps