PS Wood Machine Scroll Saw

Dave Monk

This is the first time I have seen this but with every thing you get ( stand ) I think it's a good price for the 21" saw. I would be okay with changing speeds with a belt as I very seldom change speeds. I also think I would like the way you change blades but I am not sure. Like Rolf I wouldn't like it cutting too aggressive.

I have never seen one, other than on the internet.  Watching her work the blade change from one hole in fret work to another seemed a little cumbersome, lifting the bottom clamp up through a hole and feeding it  back down through that hole and then placing it in it's holder, but if a person does it few times, it may become very easy.  Just looked like a lot of steps...  Maybe a person could leave the clamp in place and just bottom feed like they would on other saws.  Changing belts looks easy, but I remember I had a Nova Lathe that you changed speeds by changing belt location on pulleys.  Very doable, but then you get a machine where you just turn a knob to change speeds and hummm, much, much more convient.  You son't even have to stop the machine to do it. 

I don't know how long PS machines have been around.  On one hand, if they have been around a while, it is good, they may be around with parts in the future, on the other hand, I wonder, if they have been around for some time, why are they not more popular machines.  Seems like very few people know about them...

Anyway, these are just some thoughts I had based only on going to their site, reading and watching the video.  I tried to go to the Article section here, could not open anything.  I wanted to see if anyone had written a review on one.  Something wrong with "Tutorial and Resources"....?  Everyone I tried to open said "We could not locate the item you are trying to view. "  And Travis is on vacation!!!!