Craft Supplies in Ireland

savethebeer

A month ago a friend mentioned this supply place, The Carpentry Store, for craft supplies. it is outside Nass in Kildare. I went the other day and found a very well stocked display showroom and shop. They have just about any item a craft worker might need. Check them out on thecarpentrystore.com.

Only Irish people will understand when I say that this information would have saved me hours of time online and years of trekking up to the local Parcel Motel to collect my items.

that is interesting.  seems like craft supplies are pretty rare in Ireland.

you may find it interesting that in america, where I am, there are many many craft stores.

why, there are two stores devoted just for crafts within five miles of me right now.  and theyre huge!  its kind of like a large supermarket when you enter, fairly overwhelming in fact.

please do not think I am trying to put america over Ireland in any manner.  I'd pack up and head for the bonny green isle in a second if I could.  folks are real friendly over there, from what I hear.  besides the food, its probably one of the best places to live, expecially if you like Celtic music as much as I do!

say, what kind of beer are you drinking over there now?  a nice cold Guiness Stout, or Beamish?   maybe youre into scrumpie?

20 hours ago, savethebeer said:

A month ago a friend mentioned this supply place, The Carpentry Store, for craft supplies. it is outside Nass in Kildare. I went the other day and found a very well stocked display showroom and shop. They have just about any item a craft worker might need. Check them out on thecarpentrystore.com.

Only Irish people will understand when I say that this information would have saved me hours of time online and years of trekking up to the local Parcel Motel to collect my items.

Funny there's no craft stores there?

We have a couple of craft stores and the are great if you like sewing and bead jewelry making and paints for the artist but not much of anything else.  I went into Michael's In the US last year and I was gobsmacked by the range of craft supplies they even sold thin BB sheets.  OK now I'm crying, :cry: I want to go into a  Michael's again.

Marg