Dewalt 788 Knock

iamems

I have a dewalt 788 Scroll Saw that has a knock at high speed. I have followed the instructions to remove the head and turn the rod counter clockwise no more than three times and have done that one turn at a time. The knock is almost gone but could still use a little more tuning to get it as quiet as possible. Am I asking for the impossible or is there anything else that can be done to improve the performance.

I wish i could help you.These and all other saw i've used have there quirks.My last two new saws had a horrendous squeek coming from them.The factory was no help as they had me talk to the secretary of all persons!I finally located the problem with a car heater hose used as a stethoscope.In a minute i localized the sound and lubricated the bearing or bushing where the motor connects to the bottom arm.There are blogs on scroll saw problems but i can't remember seeing that problem on the dewalt of yours.Good luck! :)