Iggy Big Event Update - Day 1

Iguanadon

On 8/26/2017 at 6:23 PM, Iguanadon said:

Hey Gang,

Just a quick update for ya if you're interested.  I arrived at the mega event at precisely 5am this morning to setup.  Twas a long day.  The weather was perfect, the crowd was large, people were happy to have a nice day to roam around.

Remember the question in my mind was a larger crowd or a huge number of vendors going to impact my sales compared to a similar event in the same town I did back in April.

The answer turns out to be that having 350 vendors compared to 170 vendors means that the pool of spending money being spread out to more vendors is what matters.  In April, at the similar event, I sold 96 puzzles.  Today, I sold almost the exact same, 93 puzzles.  

No complaints at all, but I had a target of 150 for today.  Tomorrow will be weak, the 2nd day of 2 day events always is, and it's only 4 1/2 hours in duration tomorrow compared to 9 hours today.  If I sell 40 tomorrow I'll be happy.

The good news is the folks next to me that were selling really cheap yard art items, sold out and they won't be there tomorrow, so I can set my booth up like I do at the farmers market with my tables around the perimeter of the tent so people don't have to step inside.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  Talk with ya soon.

Iggy

You must have been one outstanding boy scout,Always be prepared