Vacation Over

edward

Just got back From Camping at Gettysburg  camping grounds in Pennsylvania, with my daughter and her husband also the grand kids and had a good time, there is a lot to do there, did visit the Battle field where the civil war took place in 1863. Did miss the shop and now getting back to  real life, If anyone gets a chance go visit Gettysburg.   edward

Spent a day there on the way to a Fox Chapel open house and it is a great place to visit.  Did the museum first and bought a set of CDs to play in the car as you tour the battlefield and stop at the various battle sites.  It is eerie to stand on some of the high ground and imagine how horrific that hot day in July must have been like for the thousands of young men down in the fields.

Also spent some quiet time walking around in the cemetery that is located on the edge of town.  A very reverent place. If you are ever anywhere close, take the time.  We will be back someday.

19 hours ago, edward said:

Just got back From Camping at Gettysburg  camping grounds in Pennsylvania, with my daughter and her husband also the grand kids and had a good time, there is a lot to do there, did visit the Battle field where the civil war took place in 1863. Did miss the shop and now getting back to  real life, If anyone gets a chance go visit Gettysburg.   edward

I went there about 50 years ago and really enjoyed it. We have a lot of Civil war battle sites here in middle Tennessee.

On 8/27/2017 at 1:52 PM, edward said:

On 8/28/2017 at 9:00 AM, hawkeye10 said:

I went there about 50 years ago and really enjoyed it. We have a lot of Civil war battle sites here in middle Tennessee.

Skake a leg,glad you got to see history!