Featured artist of the month

WayneG

I am... At a cool little breakfast and brunch cafe in my local town of new Westminster just outside of Vancouver. I hung 16 pieces up this morning before it opened to customers. Lots of interest after day one. Wicked comments, gonna go have brunch in the morning to hang out, going to go solo and hang out at the breakfast bar... I have enough pieces to rotate stock all month...

55 minutes ago, Lucky2 said:

Wayne, I'd like to see a picture of your work on display, I would like to see how you set it up?

Len

actually there are simply hung by 19 gauge wire from a nail at the top of the wall that is driven into a half inch piece of wood that runs the length of the cafes wall. The owner did not want people anchoring over and over in his wall for obvious reasons. So I staggered them in length so I could get more pieces in. I have a wire going from the sawtooth hanger to the nail and I also placed two screw eyelet things on either side of the top of the piece and strung wire through that as well for safety reasons...its not pretty but I did not want a piece of my heavy art crashing on a customer....LOL..

I went today and spent an hour or so and as soon as I walked in there were two customers talking about the pieces and one of the staff indicated they should ask the artist, he just walked in. Later the owner made an announcement and it was pretty cool . Lots of folks talking to me about my pieces and that they have not seen or heard such a buzz in the restaurant about the artist of the month that has been going on for several years now.

Young boy 11 years old admired the Yoda piece I made, he left a happy 11 year old boy...all in all it was really fun.

7 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Very neat and congratulations.  Nice of the cafe to do that also.  It must help bring in customers and give an artist a chance to get due recognition.  Win win.

Yes definitely win win. I am going to make them a custom piece they can raffle off for a charity they support. 

Edited by WayneG