porter cable

alan allard

Not sure this will help but have you tried going to the Porter Cable website and downloading the owner's manual? I have done that with all of my power equipment because I bought everything used and none of it came with manuals. There are sites that can supply just about anything you need. Good luck with your stand.

Ray

Hi Alan, welcome to the site. I don't understand what you mean by an angled base, is it something you make to raise the back end of the scroll saw? If that's all you want to do, then all you need is a piece of 2x4 that is just a bit longer then the width of your saw. Place the 2x4 under the back of the saw and bolt it down, if that doesn't raise it high enough to suit you, then just keep adding boards until you get the elevation you want.

Len

Stand Measurement.                                                               Top. Front 11 1/8"  Back  5 3/8" Distance front to back 24 3/16"    I would make this 24"                               Bottom.  Front 22 3/16"  Back 14 3/4"                                Heighth.  31"                                                                              I am 6' tall and add 2 x 6 to the top and this is just the right height  for me standing. Piece of advice there are no bearings on the piece of metal connecting the two back arms . I grease these with # 2 bearing grease every  10 hours of use.  An old time scrolled who is my mentor told me to do this so as not to lose the side to side motion in the blade caused by this area wearing. I guess it works blade is still a nice fine line when running.  I use my say at least 25 hours per week. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 1:41 PM, alan allard said:

Hi I am Alan from Northampton UK. I am buying a cable porter 18" saw from the states, as I have to wait about 3 weeks for delivery.I would like to make a angled base to fit on the stand.

Does anybody have this saw, and know the diamentions of the top of stand. Length/width and location of bolt holes.

Thanks Alan

Welcome Allen,come back often your input is needed here!