Starting Christmas gifts early

munzieb

Those Schwiboggen  things are really fun to make.  I love them.  I have purchased a few of the books.  Fun to make and they get lots of oooh's, and awww's.  I haven't even lighted mine up yet and people that see it love it.  There is a gentleman on this forum that made patterns for them also, he has passed away, but the patterns are still available (Helmut was his name. He had some very beautiful ones).  Maybe that is what you have.  I purchased my patterns from http://woodyoubelieveshop.blogspot.com/p/patterns-on-cd.html

14 hours ago, munzieb said:

Thanks Scrappile, Not sure which lights. Bought 200 for $15.00 so I'll keep pecking away. I have 3 or 4 more patterns to work on and several battery holders. Got to use them up first. I should get pretty good soldering by then. I enjoy the cutting more.

Guess my link didn't work well.  Here are some:

http://www.woodenteddybearonline.com/x/product.php?productid=5319&cat=5&page=2

There are a couple other options at Wooden Teddy Bear.  Search "lights"

Thanks Scrappile. On to my second Schwiboggen. Got to use up what I got. Not much space to use your lights. Routering AA battery pack into base. Probably less lights and not wandering around , only base and top. Probably less draw on battery. Getting better with soldering. Will post once I'm done in a few days.

Just now, munzieb said:

Started my Christmas gifts early. I've down loaded several Schwiboggen plans and I thought I start with this one. 1/8" bb x 2 sides. Cutting wasn't too bad. Used 2.5" x 3/4" wide pine for base and 1/8 wide table saw blades for the slots. My artistic wife painted the outside. Found AA battery holder with switch on internet. Only place to find " grain-of-wheat" 3vdc lights at Amazon (200 in a pack) From China..... Initially bought 20awg wire but too stiff. Finally pulled apart a Ethernet cable 24AWG??? for leads. Lots of stripping and soldering. Hot Glue Gun'd wires in place. Used 16 bulbs. Battery tends to run down fast. May have to go to AA batteries or C instead. First attempt. Still learning/experimenting!

20170920_163203.jpg

20170920_163241.jpg

20170920_163309.jpg

20170920_164035.jpg

The Mrs did a jam up job painting !

Edited by amazingkevin