Giraffe Puzzle Scene

Sycamore67

In a recent magazine, Judy Peterson had some great Giraffe Puzzles and I wanted to do something with all three of the puzzles in it.  I decided to make a scene with the three Giraffes looking like a family on the plains.  

I created this 10 x 12 scene.  The Giraffes were cut from quarter sawn Sycamore.  The tree is walnut and poplar.  The background is poplar on the bottom, ash above it and blue pine for the sky.  The three pieces of the background were all shimmed so that the bottom is higher than the middle and the top farther back in order to try to create some depth to it.  The outside frame is red oak.  The finish is white shellac as I did not want to alter the colors of the wood.  

20170924_Giraffe Final M.jpg

Edited by Sycamore67

15 hours ago, Sycamore67 said:

In a recent magazine, Judy Peterson had some great Giraffe Puzzles and I wanted to do something with all three of the puzzles in it.  I decided to make a scene with the three Giraffes looking like a family on the plains.  

I created this 10 x 12 scene.  The Giraffes were cut from quarter sawn Sycamore.  The tree is walnut and poplar.  The background is poplar on the bottom, ash above it and blue pine for the sky.  The three pieces of the background were all shimmed so that the bottom is higher than the middle and the top farther back in order to try to create some depth to it.  The outside frame is red oak.  The finish is white shellac as I did not want to alter the colors of the wood.  

20170924_Giraffe Final M.jpg

A real family get together! Well done and great job blending woods.