Woody The Skeleton Has Had Surgery

blights69

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

Frank, I think you should send your surgical procedure to Steve Good so he can improve his pattern.  Yours is certainly much better.

Thank You Paul I just felt it needed something other than the stumps that was on the original one from Steve Good site, I guess some people will like it as it was but for me it just looked a tad odd and needed some feet .

49 minutes ago, Phantom Scroller said:

I think he needs a stand now to stand up on. brilliant.:thumbs: Roly

Good idea Roly I have just sprayed it with a bit of glow paint see what it looks like but a stand would be a good add on too if my neighbours little one does not grab it before I can get to it I may look at a stand also 

After seeing the comments about the feet I have emailed Steve today with the image of Woody before and after I wait to see if he replies I mean who am I lol A scroller who is only 8 months in and cuts weird things like Vinyl and stuff destined for the skip (dumpster) but we will see if he answers, if he does I will update here you never know the scrollsaw village community may get a Steve Good pattern altered lol ewwwww we be famous big up the village :)

Got an almost instant reply from Steve as follows:

Hi Frank, I like it! I was not satisfied with the way the feet looked on the pattern but just did not take the time to make it better. Your feet look great. (That sounded weird). When I get time I will go back and change the pattern using your design. I might shorten the toe bone a little because they look pretty easy to break the way they are.

Never worry about sending me feedback. After over ten years of doing patterns almost every day I have made every mistake one can make. My readers keep me humble and I appreciate it very much. When my readers don't straighten me out my wife is more than happy to take the job on. :)

By the way you did a nice job on Woody. You may not have been scrolling for long but you have it down pretty well. 

Thanks for writing and thanks again.