Not Scrolled But . . . . .

Chiloquinruss

This is a work in progress that I'm doing in my shop.  Thought you might be interested even if it's not scrolled.

One of our model buildings at the train park actually fell apart.  So here is the replacement structure underway.

Notice the gallon of paint lower right for size reference.

s_60061690.jpg

Can you guess what the structure is?

s_60061689.jpg

OK, good guess!

s_60061688.jpg

Drawn in Aspire, 1/2 inch ply, 1/8 ball nose for scribing, 1/4 end mill for openings and cutouts, 1/16 tapered ball nose for details from sintra.  Lot's more to do but a decent start so far.  Enjoy.,  Russ

On 10/13/2017 at 5:36 PM, Chiloquinruss said:

This is a work in progress that I'm doing in my shop.  Thought you might be interested even if it's not scrolled.

One of our model buildings at the train park actually fell apart.  So here is the replacement structure underway.

Notice the gallon of paint lower right for size reference.

s_60061690.jpg

Can you guess what the structure is?

s_60061689.jpg

OK, good guess!

s_60061688.jpg

Drawn in Aspire, 1/2 inch ply, 1/8 ball nose for scribing, 1/4 end mill for openings and cutouts, 1/16 tapered ball nose for details from sintra.  Lot's more to do but a decent start so far.  Enjoy.,  Russ

A model builder fascinates me!

I have used my scroll saw for some modeling projects but not many.  The best I have done scrolling is some simple puzzles and a few toys.  I love my shop and all of wood tools and I seem to always ending up using a lot of them on every project.  Russ

A big project or two

And a much, much smaller model

elevator.jpg

sign.jpg

model.jpg