Gamers Sign

blights69

See this go on Steve Goods site and knew someone who would want one so cut it in vinyl to add a bit of vinyl chippings to the floor as it has not had any for a little while. Glad I stack cut 3 as two of them where taken by my daughter and son as soon as they was finished .

Gamers Respawn.JPG

9 hours ago, blights69 said:

See this go on Steve Goods site and knew someone who would want one so cut it in vinyl to add a bit of vinyl chippings to the floor as it has not had any for a little while. Glad I stack cut 3 as two of them where taken by my daughter and son as soon as they was finished .

Gamers Respawn.JPG

You know, i never thought of stack cutting records,Great idea,Thanks !

9 hours ago, blights69 said:

Gamers Respawn.JPG

Mr.Slasher,just a though ,Have you tryed 78 album record cutting .I know they are very hard ,Maybe to brittle?

6 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

Mr.Slasher,just a though ,Have you tryed 78 album record cutting .I know they are very hard ,Maybe to brittle?

I prefer the thicker older ones Kevin I tend to find the orchestral old albums are normally fairly thick for some reason whether that was the label that recorded most or not I do not know but if I find a box collection of say Bach or something like that I almost guarantee without lifting the lid they are gonna be nice and solid I always pick an album up give it a wobble see how flexy it is then decide single cut stack cut. I have yet to find one to brittle as long as you use spiral, but then I do not turn the speed down on my saw for records like some others do I find at full speed it cuts better and does not tend to melt back in as you cut I always clean every cut after straight away as well with an old toothbrush that stops the chips and fuzz setting hard on the album which makes final finish so much quicker nothing worse than sitting for an hour filing album chippings so as a habit I clean every cut I do before I do the next it takes seconds if done every time rather than hour or so if left until the end. I would love to find an easy way to remove the labels they must stick them on with something that should be marketed for general use it would hold up an out house. I even tried mayonnaise as I see a tip online for it that did kind of work but left so much gunk behind save it for the sandwich I reverted back to leaving the label on .The label is not an issue being left on it just tends to tear sometimes when removing the blue tape unless you go real slow I tend to give my labels a quick light spray of matt lacquer that helps loads and as long as I remove tape slowly around the label rarely get a tear any more. Try a 78 Kevin see what you think when you get a chance check the price of the album first though it may be a golden one you never know I had one from my usual source the other day worth over £50 I took it back to the charity shop with the details of the price and website to sell it on and they sold it that day to a collector and then said thanks Frank for your honesty look at these old frames here we cannot sell because they are scratched loose etc are any of use to you before we bin them errrmmmmmm yes boot full of frames thank you very much I will repair as and when I use one , It is true I thought one good deed gets one back :)