Hand Crafted Show

Rockytime

I have not attended a craft show in years. However, a craft show was advertised at a community center in my neighborhood. Admission was $2 which went to buy school supplies. There were 50 or more vendors. I saw at least 1 million doilies and tea towels. Not one wood crafted item. No scroll saw items, no pen or bowl things there. Took about five minutes to cruise through the place. At least I contributed $2 to schools. I probably won't attend another. I do know there are scrollers and turners in my area but apparently they are like me and don't display their work and unlike me who has nothing to show.

I rarely see any woodwork at shows in my area.. most of what I see is jewelry, sewn items,  usually a guy selling honey and maple syrup.. the rest are pampered chief avon and the like things.. which.. in my opinion have no business selling at a craft fair.. what part of Avon and those others have to do with crafts.. who let them in? Maybe because they have a hard time filling up the venue.. or just poorly managed.. We do have two nice shows a year that is typically really handmade stuff.. but then.. one time I was there a fella had all kinds of laser made wood ornaments and that sort of stuff.. at china made prices.. haven't seen him since either.. so either he didn't do well or they found out it wasn't handmade?

I'm right there with ya kmmcrafts. Shows in this area are like that. And to be honest, without the company-type vendors, there wouldn't be much of a show a some of them. What I find interesting is that many have restricted each company-type to only one vendor each. There's only so much Scentsy or Lula Roe crap anyone can stand anyways.

I've been a member of a crafters association in my area for about a year now. We sponsor two craft shows a year and it's a 100% juried handcrafted show. Vendors do try to slip in the flee market crap but are politely asked to remove it. If not removed, they don't get invited back. We usually get 80+ vendors, over 100 both spaces, and a waiting list of over 20 vendors waiting for a spot. But I've been to other juried shows that let in anything to fill a booth. 

I have only did one show this year dut to my wife's health, but at that show there was one other scroller there which is unuseall Last year I did 7 shows and only one had another scroller but there isn't that many scrollers out  there and it is a lot of work getting invitory and going to a show, for some shows yhou don't make much but some areas itis a good , but not all.

IKE