Making a small sign

nrscroller

Hi gang

I thought about being able to make some small signs to give as gifts and I was wondering can I just create them with msword using different fonts. So would I just make a text box the size I want and then pick my font and go for it. 

Say I wanted a square sign about 4" x 4" , can you create a text box that size and pick fonts to go in it then and resize your fonts to match. I also have gimp on my computer too.

Thanks

Bill.

Spoiler

I use MS Powerpoint for this type of thing all the time.  Powerpoint has some assumed pages sizes but you can make a custom page size.  Windoze fonts are scalable up to enormous sizes,  In some cases your printer driver may also allow you to scale up the print size and may even allow for tiling.  Russ

image 01.JPG

image 02.JPG

image 03.JPG

image 04.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 1:58 PM, nrscroller said:

Hi gang

I thought about being able to make some small signs to give as gifts and I was wondering can I just create them with msword using different fonts. So would I just make a text box the size I want and then pick my font and go for it. 

Say I wanted a square sign about 4" x 4" , can you create a text box that size and pick fonts to go in it then and resize your fonts to match. I also have gimp on my computer too.

Thanks

Bill.

I use microsoftofficeword2006