Windows 10

Sydney

Just now, Sydney said:

My other lap top has been updating for almost two days now. Any ideas on how to stop it? My first thought was 12 gauge.

I read somewhere if you do shift F11 or something it will let you back in any  ideas please help

You're more patient than I am.  When mine updated Tuesday, after 2 hours of it just sitting there and spinning, I simply held the power switch until it turned off, then turned it back on and it continued updating and was done within 30 minutes.

Yeah, mine had downloaded it and the computer was hogging all of my slow internet.. could hardly get online for the last couple of days.. then this morning it wanted to restart my laptop.. I clicked to restart it and figured it'd be done when i got back home from taking my son to school.. NOPE.. in all I think it was about 3 hours.. lucky for me.. I printed my days worth of orders and patterns.. so I just went out to the shop and worked.. then later checked my messages etc..

I got a notification that it wanted to do an update and I told it to do it during the night. When I got up, I turned on my computer and the screen looked different but all my icons were still there. I just had to reset my desktop picture back to what it was  and everything else was good to go.

Ray

On 12/7/2017 at 4:35 PM, Sydney said:

My other lap top has been updating for almost two days now. Any ideas on how to stop it? My first thought was 12 gauge.

I read somewhere if you do shift F11 or something it will let you back in any  ideas please help

Well i guess i better take my lap top down and let it catch up,on up dates i never though about it .I only use it when i go to the hospital.Thanks for the heads up .Also i just figured out why my pc is so slow,i running several firefox down loads at the same time.I figured this out because i couldnt post forvever andaday so imtryed chrome and its super fast like firefox was till i keep downloading the same thing .