Elvis Is Back On Vinyl And On Time Too

blights69

Had a request for a vinyl clock Elvis related so stack cut 3 turned 1 into the clock and have the other 2 I can keep as pictures or turn into another clock if needed, cut with everybody`s favourite a spiral :) Now to clear up the vinyl chippings and make some dust on a Sunday what better way to spend it :thumbs:

Elvis (1).JPG

Elvis (2).JPG

Elvis (3).JPG

1 hour ago, rdatelle said:

Those look great Frank. Is there any tips on how to cut vinyl records. What size blade can you use besides spiral and do you sandwich them between wood like I do with plexiglass. I would love to do some of these with Elvis for a good friend of mine whose a big elvis fan.

I would of thought you could use any size blade if you sandwich the vinyl between wood I have not tried that with vinyl yet but I have done as you have with plexiglass so should also work with vinyl not sure whether the cut line would melt back in on the vinyl though that may be an issue with a normal blade I know someone else who gave it a go on vinyl with a spiral had trouble with the cut line melting back in and had a job of cleaning up after I have only had that happen a few times and always when it is a small slow cutting part the faster I cut the less it happens on vinyl but I am going to give the sandwich a go see what happens and if nothing else I will end up with 2 pictures in wood even if the vinyl in the middle fails :) 

9 hours ago, blights69 said:

I would of thought you could use any size blade if you sandwich the vinyl between wood I have not tried that with vinyl yet but I have done as you have with plexiglass so should also work with vinyl not sure whether the cut line would melt back in on the vinyl though that may be an issue with a normal blade I know someone else who gave it a go on vinyl with a spiral had trouble with the cut line melting back in and had a job of cleaning up after I have only had that happen a few times and always when it is a small slow cutting part the faster I cut the less it happens on vinyl but I am going to give the sandwich a go see what happens and if nothing else I will end up with 2 pictures in wood even if the vinyl in the middle fails :) 

You've gone where no man's gone before.Love your cuts in vinyl!

7 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

You've gone where no man's gone before.Love your cuts in vinyl!

Thank you Kevin it is nice to get positive comments from yourself and others on here on the vinyl pieces I cut, I know some do not like them as it is not wood but I like to try cutting different things as I learn more and  I always leave some saw dust on my floor to remind me to go back to wood :)