Guardian Eagle -- Finished!

Scrappile

29 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

I'm am adding this here from the "Works in Progress" forum hoping to get some more comment.  I'm thinking about donating this to the "Friends of the NRA" banquet along with the 2nd Amendment plaque they request from me.  I'd like to add some red, white and blue some where to it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

"Completed the cutting of this picture called "Guardian" and is a Charles Hand pattern.  I've been playing around with it and the backer.  Someway I want to do the backer/frame in red, white and blue.  like the American flag.  Not quite sure if that is going to work out or not.  I have sorta/kinda a picture in my pea brain, but not sure how to work it out."

Gardian Eagle.jpg

The only thought that came to mind is a transparent red white and blue flag on clear plastic over the top of the scroll work top to bottom so you could see the eagle right thru it! Just my 2 cents worth!!!!!!

Not sure if it is available or not but in your craft stores like Michael's, they may have a paper USA flag.  That is an inexpensive way to find out if your idea works.  Just and idea.
That is one fabulous looking eagle and mean too.  Great work Paul.

Marg

1 hour ago, meflick said:

I like it with the flag showing. Excellent cutting and framing. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I hope I can put it together to look like this.  The frame it the picture here is photo shopped and the flag and backboard are no put together yet.  Just trying to see how it might look.