scrollin all the day long, 3 newests

cjswoodcrafts

a few scroll pieces i have done, the spongebob is for my nephew that had a brief stay in the childrens hospital in atlanta. the woman, she was the one that sent us the corn, this and 2 carvings went to her as trade, commisioned piece from my friend in new jersey, of her grand kids

the pic was taken from a small cheap camera/camcorder wife took the kodak to work, so the cheap camera has no flash,

commisoned is on oak, other 2 on sandeply

Whoa!Jim!That first picture you did is absolutly fabulous.you captured all her beauty with a few lines.Great job,I 'm going to have to practice up! lol.The second one is a plus too.the eyes are telling the story.You have a natural knack for getting things in perspective with your talant.That picture really makes you want to look deep like it's saying something.not everybody can do that.When i was studying oil portraits painting technics ,they said to have the hands ,tell the person personality in the picture.Right off the bat that was the first thing i noticed in the girl on the left.the eyes on all three are focused on you another great feature.blue ribbons for the first two pictures!The third one is going to make the child howl in delight when they see it,it even made me smile!Thats my first time seeing walrus dude!Another fine job jim ,no rust on your scroll saw.By the way what scroll saw you using Jim? :)

hey Kevin, Thanks, The woman piece loved it, will be mailing off the new jersey one today, and taking the spongebob to nephew this afternoon, i use a 16 inch craftsman, i started out with a ryobi, but parts were breaking, and it wouldnt hold plain end blades. i love the craftsman, so easy, only thing i hate about it is the blade tensioner is in the back, i wanna get craftsman 18 inch when i can, the blade tensioner is in front. Well thanks again, will be posting some pics on my site sometimes tonight.

hey Kevin, Thanks, The woman piece loved it, will be mailing off the new jersey one today, and taking the spongebob to nephew this afternoon, i use a 16 inch craftsman, i started out with a ryobi, but parts were breaking, and it wouldnt hold plain end blades. i love the craftsman, so easy, only thing i hate about it is the blade tensioner is in the back, i wanna get craftsman 18 inch when i can, the blade tensioner is in front. Well thanks again, will be posting some pics on my site sometimes tonight.

Susieq. clayton and hunter, thanks for the feed back, yeah they liked them, the spongebob and the deer scene inlay i have pics on my site under photos, customer orders. plus i gave my niece and sil something ive done, the one with the lil girl holding the frog with lily pad, grandpa made the pattern, i just changed the words to Maylee's room, both kids gave me a big hug.. well im babblin, thanks again

• 3 weeks later...