Cautionary tale

hayu

I had just finished putting a new top on my bench. I moved it away from the scroll saw, and put the dremel drill on the knob on the front and started scrolling marrily away. I was just about through and hit the drill and yes there was a wire bit on it. It fell between my knees and into my foot then to the floor.

It went through a minor vein so bleeding was a bit of a problem. I grabbed a staining rag from the table saw. Apply pressure, called a neighbor to get a clean towel. He comes over looks at the floor and says @#$$% Rhonda. I grabbed the towel got it stopped the blood.

I looked at the drill and the bit was broke said S#$@# that was my last wire bit in that size. He started helping me clean up and he all of a sudden looked at me and said do you know where the other end of that bit is? So I grabbed a magnet and went run it over the floor, no bit. They found it this morning in my foot next to the bone.

Moral don't leave the bit in the drill or you might break the last wire bit you have in that size.

Moral don't leave the bit in the drill or you might break the last wire bit you have in that size.

Now that's a dedicated scroller. Did anyone notice that the focus is more on losing the last wire bit than on the fact that said bit is in a foot? Someone please get that address and promptly drop some drill bits in the mail today. Please.

WWWeeeeLLLL it's worse then I thought since they said surgery Fri. For some reason just cause its next to some other metal in my leg. Whats one more small itsey tiny etc.. piece of metal going to hurt. It's in fected and no you can't watch the surgery. So I am getting some masking tape spraying it with adheisive spray putting saw dust on top with a blade to curb the withdrawl.

I went down today and bought all the tiny wire bits at the local tool store so I'm happy. :)