some ornaments

cjswoodcrafts

We are going to a flea market type thing that our local minor league team is having, on sept 25, so i decided to make some ornaments. got 4 more that is still drying with a darker stain, I KNOW NOT CMAS ALREADY... but i still got plentyyyyyyyyyyyyy to do...

the stocking and candy cane pattern was made by Travis, the bird pattern was in a scroll saw magazine,

Hello jim How are you ,You are the horn of plenty when it come to being on the ball, ahead of schedule and plenty of stock to chose from.Your ornaments open up that festive feeling of the holiday. Those are smart looking samples to warm the hearts of shoppers .I'll bet they search out your custom made holiday items each year at your booth.Does Connie get involved with your work too?How far do you take your work as far as painting ,staining,torching,sandblasting etc.Your doing a great job jim. :)

I know what you mean Jim .We are allready involved deeply in what we do scrolling and doing finishing touchs are a whole nother ball game to deal with.The clothes i've ruined from paints and stains.Storeage is my biggest problem.Too much wood,and then add cans of paint and stain in a sardine shop ,can't move.I figured out a little trick to stain a completed fretwork I'll lay it on top of an aluminum foil made tray,sealed :) with low sides ,put the work in ,pour in the stain,slide off the edge of the table a little and punture the foil and drain the stain back in the can .Fast clean and simple. :)

• 2 weeks later...